SEC chooses an 8 conference game, single division schedule for 2024

OldDevilDawg

'21 Co-PotY

SEC commissioner Greg Sankey announced the changes for the 2024 season, which were approved by vote of the league presidents and chancellors, at the SEC Spring Meetings in Miramar Beach, Fla., on Thursday afternoon.

“We have been engaged in planning for the entry of Oklahoma and Texas into the SEC since the summer of 2021, but the change of the membership date from 2025 to 2024 creates scheduling complexities that can better be managed with a one-year schedule,” Sankey said.

Sankey, anticipating some might be critical of the SEC playing an eight-game league slate while other Power 5 conferences play nine, said “I’m pretty sure the last game of the season was 65-7. If the indictment is that we don’t play the highest level of football, then someone isn’t watching the game.” :cool:
well, you might expect good results
in the last week,
when you get a live practice game
late in the season...

hold up there, mr 212 IQ...

or is that BP of water -
i forget -

anyway, arent you the one who quoted Sankey,
and 65-7 ??
Yep, that was me. Why? Because it was UGA kicking the Dawgshit out of somebody.

If Sankey quoted anything that pertained to any other team in the SEC, you would never see me notice it.

Saw this the other day. Made me laugh

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230602_214130_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230602_214130_Facebook.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 4
why would this mean
more high profile games ??

btw,
and maybe you've told us already,
what is your school(s)?

It gives them more OOc games which gives them more opportunities for high profile OOC games. I know many of the schools already have an in state ACC rival. If they are playing that plus another P5 opponent, that’s fine in my book.

I’m impartial to many teams. I live in the NYC area now so I go to many UConn, Rutgers and Penn State games. I used to live/work on the west coast. When I lived there, I went to many Oregon, OSU and Washington games. Have a lot of friends who support those schools.