tOSU, if you can't win one with coaching......buy one

OldDevilDawg

'21 Co-PotY
Ryan Day is on the hot seat. He took over the Buckeyes on 3rd base, and he's still on 3rd base. His NIL collective is spending money like it's cool.

This off season, he is fighting for his livelihood. He's convinced tOSU to spend big money on coaches. He's convinced the NIL collective to spare no expense.

He's found out that his new Athletic Director is Ross Bjork. Bjork just got done firing Jimbo Fisher. He also fired Hugh Freeze at Ole Miss after "failure-to-monitor charge and a lack of institutional control. The NCAA infractions committee said Mississippi had "an unconstrained culture of booster involvement in football recruiting."

Better buy it now, Day, because your days are numbered.

Feel more like he is just joining the club.

You can't tell me that just about every perennial top 5 doesn't do the same thing.

You put all the NIL and contract dollars you can ahd swing for the fences. Look Michigan just did.

Feel more like he is just joining the club.

You can't tell me that just about every perennial top 5 doesn't do the same thing.

You put all the NIL and contract dollars you can ahd swing for the fences. Look Michigan just did.
Would be really interesting to see someone track the NIL $ and report a list of most spent in the last 2 seasons. I'd be surprised if UGA made the top 20.

What do you guys think about Day hiring Bill O’Brien ( and turning over play calling duties)? I give him credit for realizing he needed to make some changes, but play calling was the thing that Day was best at. From the outside, it looked like team toughness and focus was the bigger issue, especially on defense.

What do you guys think about Day hiring Bill O’Brien ( and turning over play calling duties)? I give him credit for realizing he needed to make some changes, but play calling was the thing that Day was best at. From the outside, it looked like team toughness and focus was the bigger issue, especially on defense.

I don't get it. I thought Hartline was the next coming of Riley and Kingsburry.

BoB SUCKS. I mean he is absolute dog trash.

BoB SUCKS. I mean he is absolute dog trash.
Twitter informed me of a stat that BoB has that seems impossible. He coached under Belichick and Saban for a total of 7 years, yet has zero rings to show for it.

I can see where he could contribute to overall program organization and quality control, the guy does have an extensive background at successful places. But I just can’t see him turning the dogs loose on offense. Will he have a punishing run game that he forces an opponent to stop? Will the QB be expected to keep the ball on RPO’s? The best OSU teams had that. Lately they’ve relied a lot on elite WR talent, which is a luxury, but isn’t the best way to ice a game or get a 1st down.

And like @Irishblooded said, what does Hartline do now? This past year, he was an OC who didn’t call plays. That was a promotion in name and salary only, he’s still a WR coach most likely. I never understood that move…and I’m not sold on his recruiting ability, because he’s doing it at OSU.

Well Vegas is beginning to think it will work.

On January 9th, the day of this year’s national championship, the Buckeyes were +800 on Draft Kings to win the title next year. After the moves they have made in the past couple of weeks, they now sit at +500, which is second only to Georgia at +330.

Well Vegas is beginning to think it will work.

On January 9th, the day of this year’s national championship, the Buckeyes were +800 on Draft Kings to win the title next year. After the moves they have made in the past couple of weeks, they now sit at +500, which is second only to Georgia at +330.

We need a few years to figure it out......