***College Hockey Thread***

Don’t know where we stand now but I think we’re still in the top 15/20.
@Shower Fart should be in here.
MSU has a proud hockey history but we’ve been wandering the wilderness for 15+ years. Our new coach seems like the right guy. Getting a ticket is a tough deal all of a sudden. I’m looking forward to see what he can do.

The problem with the relatively new B1G (plus ND) hockey league is that it’s too good. There just aren’t the easier wins needed to qualify for the tournament. Getting over the hump with a decent seed is tough, but it’s good for fans that catch a game, lots of good players.

It’s always curious to me to see where some of the college hockey programs are located. Minnesota makes sense…Arizona State cracks me up! An easy sell with that weather and “scenery” though, it’s genius really! ASU is making moves in all aspects, really impressive leadership.

MSU has a proud hockey history but we’ve been wandering the wilderness for 15+ years. Our new coach seems like the right guy. Getting a ticket is a tough deal all of a sudden. I’m looking forward to see what he can do.

The problem with the relatively new B1G (plus ND) hockey league is that it’s too good. There just aren’t the easier wins needed to qualify for the tournament. Getting over the hump with a decent seed is tough, but it’s good for fans that catch a game, lots of good players.

It’s always curious to me to see where some of the college hockey programs are located. Minnesota makes sense…Arizona State cracks me up! An easy sell with that weather and “scenery” though, it’s genius really! ASU is making moves in all aspects, really impressive leadership.
Thanks for the kind words! Every poll I’ve looked at has Michigan St in the top 10.
Met our hockey coach once and he gushed at the thought of bringing in Canadian kids for an OV (or whatever it is in hockey) to Tempe in February. Haven’t been to our new arena but I’ll go soon enough.

I miss the WCHA & old CCHA where they balanced it out. The B1G & NCHC are just loaded top to bottom.

For the New Englanders, today was the 1st round of the Beanpot. Since BC & BU were playing each other, I was not as interested. I usually root for Harvard & Northeastern to make the finals when they aren't paired against each other. Last year was the first time that ever occurred in the 70 occurrences. BU beat BC this time after getting swept at the end of January by the Eagles. Northeastern beat Harvard and have caught fire as of late. Hopefully they beat BU next week.