Has Kirk Herbstreit abused his influence?

OldDevilDawg

'21 Co-PotY

Raiola's dad explained in an interview that when Dylan was considering a flip, he received a phone call from Herbstreit encouraging him to spurn Kirby Smart to play for Matt Rhule's Cornhuskers.

"If this is true, this is highly unethical," said Dan Wolken.

"is it possible that Herbstreet is behind Maiva’s flip to USC. If so it opens up a real can of worms! Georgia should disassociate itself from Herbstreet altogether and look for opportunity to bring legal action! A media member with that kind of power needs to be replaced," one fan wrote.

Maybe he's full on board with tOSU buying a Natty. The best way he can help pull that off is cutting UGA's legs off.

Straight up fucking snake.

Not saying I'm for this kind of thing happening.

But why shouldn't he be doing this? What is different between him from any other booster or collective member contacting the athlete?

Yes he has a bigger microphone than others. But I don't know of any rules that state if you are employed by ESPiN or if you are a media member it invalidates you from talking to athletes like this.

I can tell you for truth that members of the ACC network have actively stood on thr ND sidelines talking to ND targets at football games and tried to sway them to commit to a different ACC school instead.

Not saying I'm for this kind of thing happening.

But why shouldn't he be doing this? What is different between him from any other booster or collective member contacting the athlete?

Yes he has a bigger microphone than others. But I don't know of any rules that state if you are employed by ESPiN or if you are a media member it invalidates you from talking to athletes like this.

I can tell you for truth that members of the ACC network have actively stood on thr ND sidelines talking to ND targets at football games and tried to sway them to commit to a different ACC school instead.
This. Saban pipeline to Bama only gonna boom, boys. You fellas get ready!