Are highly rated QBs arrogant and feel entitled? Apparently, the answer is YES

I don't consider it entitled for them to transfer. I think they have a goal. And that is the league. There isn't a more scrutinized position in football than the QB. I mean how often do we the advertisements when two teams go up against one another it is X QB dueling against Y QB? Even though they are never on the field at the same time.

I think there are a couple major factors.

1. Their game doesn't transfer as well from the HS to the College level at the school they commit to, and they think they have a better chance to develop their game in time for the league at another location.
2. They want to get to the league quicker and moving to another school where they can be higher on the depth chart can help in that.
3. Coaching changes. They might be recruited under a certain HC, coordinator, or position coach. And something changes in the administration and then the kid isn't playing for the coaching staff he signed his letter to.
4. NIL enough said
5. Roster problems. The kids just don't fit in with the team once they get there. And I think this happens less thank we think, but more than it should.

I don't wrong a kid for committing to a school and then switching out, like Spencer Rattler did. He got to Oklahoma, the scene changed, he hit the bricks and found a better home in SCar. But to basically become a merc for hire for JT Daniels. That thought he was going to be the next Tom Brady because of the headlines he had in high school. His game never transferred to the next level rather that was mental issues, physical issues or both. Now he is just trying to hope he can play one more year before he has to potentially hang up his cleats forever and go sell insurance or something.. That is the kind of transfer scene that can kill the sport.

I don't consider it entitled for them to transfer. I think they have a goal. And that is the league. There isn't a more scrutinized position in football than the QB. I mean how often do we the advertisements when two teams go up against one another it is X QB dueling against Y QB? Even though they are never on the field at the same time.

I think there are a couple major factors.

1. Their game doesn't transfer as well from the HS to the College level at the school they commit to, and they think they have a better chance to develop their game in time for the league at another location.
2. They want to get to the league quicker and moving to another school where they can be higher on the depth chart can help in that.
3. Coaching changes. They might be recruited under a certain HC, coordinator, or position coach. And something changes in the administration and then the kid isn't playing for the coaching staff he signed his letter to.
4. NIL enough said
5. Roster problems. The kids just don't fit in with the team once they get there. And I think this happens less thank we think, but more than it should.

I don't wrong a kid for committing to a school and then switching out, like Spencer Rattler did. He got to Oklahoma, the scene changed, he hit the bricks and found a better home in SCar. But to basically become a merc for hire for JT Daniels. That thought he was going to be the next Tom Brady because of the headlines he had in high school. His game never transferred to the next level rather that was mental issues, physical issues or both. Now he is just trying to hope he can play one more year before he has to potentially hang up his cleats forever and go sell insurance or something.. That is the kind of transfer scene that can kill the sport.
Another factor is that some of the high profile schools collect high ranked QB's. You could have 3 or 4 great QB's, but only one can start. Are the other two or three going to just sit their CFB careers away on the bench when they could be a star somewhere else?

Another factor is that some of the high profile schools collect high ranked QB's. You could have 3 or 4 great QB's, but only one can start. Are the other two or three going to just sit their CFB careers away on the bench when they could be a star somewhere else?
Well it depends. Just speaking for Bama, but Tua sat behind Hurts (and vice versa), Mac sat behind Tua, and Young behind him. Now Hurts, Tua and Mac are all starting QBs in the NFL and Bryce will be a top 5 pick. They all sat behind the guy in front of them, learned and improved for it. Jones, for example, only had one season as starter, and is now the Patriots QB. Had he transferred, he likely wouldn’t have even been drafted.

Well it depends. Just speaking for Bama, but Tua sat behind Hurts (and vice versa), Mac sat behind Tua, and Young behind him. Now Hurts, Tua and Mac are all starting QBs in the NFL and Bryce will be a top 5 pick. They all sat behind the guy in front of them, learned and improved for it. Jones, for example, only had one season as starter, and is now the Patriots QB. Had he transferred, he likely wouldn’t have even been drafted.
Didn't Hurts transfer from bama?

I hope he ends up in Silver and Black!

You can be an elite RB and find yourself in the rotation, you can be an elite LB and find yourself in the rotation.

There can only be one QB and one Alpha. When the male Lion loses the fight he has to leave the pride and find a new one.

You can be an elite RB and find yourself in the rotation, you can be an elite LB and find yourself in the rotation.

There can only be one QB and one Alpha. When the male Lion loses the fight he has to leave the pride and find a new one.
I think the question is more akin to “you’ve not grown enough to challenge the alpha”, will you leave the pride or stay and fight?

I think the question is more akin to “you’ve not grown enough to challenge the alpha”, will you leave the pride or stay and fight?

Not entirely, after a year or two, the kid knows it’s not his team. Only one ball and a small window to maximize.

Loser mentality. Can’t cut the mustard jobbers.

Meh

Disagree, the loser mentality would be content to sit on the bench, never play and collect the paycheck. I applaud kids willing to take the risk and the chance to start elsewhere.

And most guys start out as Jobbers.

Meh

Disagree, the loser mentality would be content to sit on the bench, never play and collect the paycheck. I applaud kids willing to take the risk and the chance to start elsewhere.

And most guys start out as Jobbers.
Most guys finish as em, too.