Ford Raptor

Nitt1300

I've had the occasion to drive a couple of them lately- what a great truck. The suspension is so good that if I never was going to take it off road, I still want one.

Mileage- well, you can't have everything.

With a tune, you're in the low 4 second 0-60 mph range with factory 35" tires.

That little motor also won Le Mans 50 years after finishing 1,2,3.
That ecoboost engine is no joke. I have a 2015 King Ranch FX4 with it, and it's stock 365 hp and 425 ft lbs of torque. With a minor tune I can get another 75 hp. It will do 0-60 in 6.2 seconds. Ford has upgraded the hp and torque since mine was made, and the Raptor is badass!

That ecoboost engine is no joke. I have a 2015 King Ranch FX4 with it, and it's stock 365 hp and 425 ft lbs of torque. With a minor tune I can get another 75 hp. It will do 0-60 in 6.2 seconds. Ford has upgraded the hp and torque since mine was made, and the Raptor is badass!
Sequential turbos. The torque curve is like a diesel but with much higher rpm capability.

honestly, what knocked me out was the ride- on the highway it's like riding on a cloud, and on a back road it's tight- really tight- I liked it a lot

Bypass shocks. They've been a staple of off road racing for some time. They have multiple tubes that allow shock fluid to bypass the shims in the shock to differentiate compression and rebound forces.

honestly, what knocked me out was the ride- on the highway it's like riding on a cloud, and on a back road it's tight- really tight- I liked it a lot
the eco-boost is nice,
but this is what sold me, as well -

was fully loaded headed down to the in-laws,
just cruisin (almost floatin)
down some central texas highways,
and had a visit with the trooper -
doin 92 -

didnt even realize
how fast i was goin -

in my ol gmc,
if i was doin over 75,
i damn well knew it -

Sequential turbos. The torque curve is like a diesel but with much higher rpm capability.

Bypass shocks. They've been a staple of off road racing for some time. They have multiple tubes that allow shock fluid to bypass the shims in the shock to differentiate compression and rebound forces.

You wanna say that again in English, nerd?

I've been driving a raptor daily since I took delivery straight from the Rogue plant in Aug 2011. The new models are great, but I'll stick to my NA 6.2L built by the SVT team. Just rolled 150,000 miles and not a single issue. I thought the power steering pump had gone bad last week, but it just needed a little fluid. Putting new plugs in it this coming weekend, even though it's given no indication it actually needs them.

Gas mileage, well, I drive like a little old lady and mostly highway, so I've averaged right at 16 the entire life of the truck. My buddy with the identical truck...gets 12.

Offroad, especially sand, is amazing. I can't count how many vehicles I've towed off the Padre Island National Seashore.

I've been driving a raptor daily since I took delivery straight from the Rogue plant in Aug 2011. The new models are great, but I'll stick to my NA 6.2L built by the SVT team. Just rolled 150,000 miles and not a single issue. I thought the power steering pump had gone bad last week, but it just needed a little fluid. Putting new plugs in it this coming weekend, even though it's given no indication it actually needs them.

Gas mileage, well, I drive like a little old lady and mostly highway, so I've averaged right at 16 the entire life of the truck. My buddy with the identical truck...gets 12.

Offroad, especially sand, is amazing. I can't count how many vehicles I've towed off the Padre Island National Seashore.

Braggart. Some of us ain't rich like you. Put that bitch in the South Georgia river swamp mud. I'll buy the Keystone Ice and keep 'em cold and opened for you if you'll let me ride along.

Braggart. Some of us ain't rich like you. Put that bitch in the South Georgia river swamp mud. I'll buy the Keystone Ice and keep 'em cold and opened for you if you'll let me ride along.

Truth: I paid 42k for the truck in 2011. Back then researchmaniacs got a hold of the dealer's invoice pricing and released it to the public. All I did was email every Ford dealer within 100 miles and showed them invoice price, and put them in a bidding war over who would go lowest. Ryan Ford in Sealy, TX sold me the truck for $500 over invoice. And drop shipped to me.

I don't like mudding, does nothing but get mud in places that won't wash out, like inside the frame rails. Don't get me wrong, I've sure as hell done it, but man I feel like it's bad for the vehicle. Last time I got into dredge pump sludge. I had to wash that muck out of the crank pulley it as so deep.

Truth: I paid 42k for the truck in 2011. Back then researchmaniacs got a hold of the dealer's invoice pricing and released it to the public. All I did was email every Ford dealer within 100 miles and showed them invoice price, and put them in a bidding war over who would go lowest. Ryan Ford in Sealy, TX sold me the truck for $500 over invoice. And drop shipped to me.

I don't like mudding, does nothing but get mud in places that won't wash out, like inside the frame rails. Don't get me wrong, I've sure as hell done it, but man I feel like it's bad for the vehicle. Last time I got into dredge pump sludge. I had to wash that muck out of the crank pulley it as so deep.
My DD is a 4x4 Ranger. It has gotten dirty a few times. What I find amusing is seeing some of the jacked up big tire 4x4s who's frame looks as clean as the day it was made. Some of them look like they have never seen even a dirt road.

99929_image.jpeg

I went with the Trackhawk last February over the Raptor. Much more comfortable and fast off the line. People move over in the fast lane when I come through.