Most likely SEC scheduling model starting in 2024 is 3-6-6

OldDevilDawg

'21 Co-PotY
9 game conference schedule with 3 permanent rivals. The other 12 teams will rotate 6-6 each year allowing a Home and home against all conference teams every 4 years. No divisions. Top 2 play in the SECCG every year.

I like it.

I would prefer UGA have Florida, Auburn, and MissSt as permanent rivals. Swamp Lizards and Barners are obvious. MissSt because Dawgs versus Dawgs.

The obvious talking point will be who each team gets as permanent rivals.

This is the best way to go with a 16 team conference. Pretty damn cool really…it will have inevitably uneven schedules, but it’s better than the random shit everyone does now.

Proposed SEC Annual Rivals

SCHOOLOPPONENT 1OPPONENT 2OPPONENT 3
team logo
Alabama
AuburnLSUTennessee
team logo
Arkansas
TexasLSUMissouri
team logo
Auburn
AlabamaGeorgiaMississippi State
team logo
Florida
GeorgiaSouth CarolinaKentucky
team logo
Georgia
AuburnFloridaSouth Carolina
team logo
Kentucky
TennesseeVanderbiltFlorida
team logo
LSU
ArkansasOle MissAlabama
team logo
Ole Miss
Mississippi StateLSUVanderbilt
team logo
Miss. State
Ole MissAuburnTexas A&M
team logo
Missouri
OklahomaArkansasSouth Carolina
team logo
Oklahoma
TexasMissouriTexas A&M
team logo
South Carolina
GeorgiaFloridaMissouri
team logo
Tennessee
AlabamaKentuckyVanderbilt
team logo
Texas
Texas A&MOklahomaArkansas
team logo
Texas A&M
TexasOklahomaMississippi State
team logo
Vanderbilt
TennesseeKentuckyOle Miss

team logo
Alabama
AuburnLSUTennessee
team logo
Arkansas
TexasLSUMissouri
team logo
Auburn
team logo
Florida
team logo
Georgia
team logo
Kentucky
team logo
LSU
ArkansasOle MissAlabama
team logo
Ole Miss
team logo
Miss. State
Ole MissAuburnTexas A&M
team logo
Missouri
team logo
Oklahoma
TexasMissouriTexas A&M
team logo
South Carolina
GeorgiaFloridaMissouri
team logo
Tennessee
team logo
Texas
team logo
Texas A&M
team logo
Vanderbilt
That's not bad and I am not bitching but would love to have Florida or LSU instead of Mississippi State.

team logo
Alabama
AuburnLSUTennessee
team logo
Arkansas
TexasLSUMissouri
team logo
Auburn
team logo
Florida
team logo
Georgia
team logo
Kentucky
team logo
LSU
ArkansasOle MissAlabama
team logo
Ole Miss
team logo
Miss. State
Ole MissAuburnTexas A&M
team logo
Missouri
team logo
Oklahoma
TexasMissouriTexas A&M
team logo
South Carolina
GeorgiaFloridaMissouri
team logo
Tennessee
team logo
Texas
team logo
Texas A&M
team logo
Vanderbilt
This…isn’t bad. I hate losing Florida/LSU annually, and Tennessee got off light, but overall I can dig it.

Agreed. AU v UF makes more sense.
That was a week I looked forward to pre SEC expansion. We used to have some great games. Now it is more about recruiting.
Tough to satisfy the whole crowd.
TBH, I am just now warming up to the pod system. The traditionalist in me wants Alabama and Auburn to move to the East and maintain divisions. Looking at the overall potential SEC schedule like the one posted ... I can see the advantages of pods. I do have to admit that the pod schedule evens out SOS in four year periods better than anything else.

That was a week I looked forward to pre SEC expansion. We used to have some great games. Now it is more about recruiting.

TBH, I am just now warming up to the pod system. The traditionalist in me wants Alabama and Auburn to move to the East and maintain divisions. Looking at the overall potential SEC schedule like the one posted ... I can see the advantages of pods. I do have to admit that the pod schedule evens out SOS in four year periods better than anything else.
16 teams with pods is a nice set up. Every 4 year player will have at least 1 home/away game against every team.

16 teams with pods is a nice set up. Every 4 year player will have at least 1 home/away game against every team.
That is the part I am trying to embrace. Although I am a traditionalist with the divisions, I am at least accepting that they have kept the two best teams from playing in the SECCG and that is good for neither the teams or the game as a whole. By the time this and the expanded playoffs are in place, I will be fully on board and enjoying it even though I wished both were slightly different.

I do like the SEC going to a 9 game conference schedule. But Bama and UGA need to play each other more than they do. Hopefully the SEC rotates conference opponents better than they did with the previous division format over the past decade. I enjoyed being able to see Bama play YGA in the regular season in 2020.

I do like the SEC going to a 9 game conference schedule. But Bama and UGA need to play each other more than they do. Hopefully the SEC rotates conference opponents better than they did with the previous division format over the past decade. I enjoyed being able to see Bama play YGA in the regular season in 2020.
Exactly, let Bama and UGA play each year. UGA continues to dominate and Bama aint gonna slow down regardless of what the pundits say. Its still Fn Bama.