My shitty day

Nitt1300

No- I'm not talking about Penn State's loss- that was the least of my problems today.

I get a call just before noon that the basement of our condo in MA has water in it from an undetermined spot near the boiler- I'm in central NY at the time- a good 4 hour drive away. So instead of watching the game, I jump in the car and drive to MA. The expansion tank seems to be leaking at a seam. It's freaking Saturday, my plumber is in upstate Vermont for the weekend. And Monday is Veteran's Day- hopefully the supply house is open Monday, who knows? Hope that magic tape holds until Monday, Otherwise I've got to go to the store and buy several electric space heaters which I will have no other use for.

Four hours drive- one way- a fat plumber's bill and I have to turn around and drive back to NYS Monday evening

They shoot horses, don't they?

Let's see, Mr BG has avoided his worsening knees until he went a wee bit too long and now he virtually can't walk.

So I got to get out the extension ladder, lower it into the cold creek, then crawl down and cut down some trees in the way (which i asked him to do months ago).

AFTER digging out a broken post which HE broke when he ran the big tractor into it by accident.

Considering hiding his rollinator

I was about to say @Nitt paying his plumber too much, then remembered I had to call mine at his condo in Gulf Shores one time.

Hell, even I cant afford a condo in Gulf Shores

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, OP?...check this.

I was woke up at 2:30 this morning with the news that my inebriated son came home from and accidentally let my daughter's inside cat "cheeto" out into the neighborhood. Great, daughter's pissed at my inebriated son.
Wife says let's go help look.....in separate cars(zero chance of car sex. - sorry BG) Out driving around at 3 in the morning checking the flood control trenches for a couple hours. I hastily make signs to hang, daughter puts a shout out on facebook. Poor lost Cheeto.

UPDATE: Just found him "yowling" on a neighbor's window sill. Cheeto is back in his bed.

I'm in mine, but still no sex(Sorry BG)

Oh yeah, OP?...check this.

I was woke up at 2:30 this morning with the news that my inebriated son came home from and accidentally let my daughter's inside cat "cheeto" out into the neighborhood. Great, daughter's pissed at my inebriated son.
Wife says let's go help look.....in separate cars(zero chance of car sex. - sorry BG) Out driving around at 3 in the morning checking the flood control trenches for a couple hours. I hastily make signs to hang, daughter puts a shout out on facebook. Poor lost Cheeto.

UPDATE: Just found him "yowling" on a neighbor's window sill. Cheeto is back in his bed.

I'm in mine, still no sex (Sorry BG)
Something wrong w/ your hand?

No- I'm not talking about Penn State's loss- that was the least of my problems today.

I get a call just before noon that the basement of our condo in MA has water in it from an undetermined spot near the boiler- I'm in central NY at the time- a good 4 hour drive away. So instead of watching the game, I jump in the car and drive to MA. The expansion tank seems to be leaking at a seam. It's freaking Saturday, my plumber is in upstate Vermont for the weekend. And Monday is Veteran's Day- hopefully the supply house is open Monday, who knows? Hope that magic tape holds until Monday, Otherwise I've got to go to the store and buy several electric space heaters which I will have no other use for.

Four hours drive- one way- a fat plumber's bill and I have to turn around and drive back to NYS Monday evening

They shoot horses, don't they?
Im guessing you dont trust neighbors/friends with your keys there?