Rate my fantasy team

Cowboyinexile

I haven't done Fantasy NFL in a while but wanted to get back into it. I drafted on Yahoo and here is my team:

QB: Goff
QB: Mayfield
RB: Bell
RB: Fournette
RB: Lindsay
RB: Carson
RB: Hunt
WR: Thielen
WR: DJ Moore
WR: Kirk
WR: Pettis
TE: Cook
TE: Witten
DST: Seattle
K: Vinateiri

Yahoo does a draft analysis and it was harsh. Their biggest complaint was that I took Jared Goff in the first round. I'm no expert at this (obviously) but I figured that a QB that is going to put up points at #6 is an alright pick. It also questioned the age of my team, but I have a backup TE and K that are ancient so I am guessing that contributed to that knock.

Here is what Yahoo said:
With a Projected 10th-place Finish, JoshM's Team Aren't Going to Win Often
Draft Summary
Drafting in the second half of the first round (No. 6 overall), JoshM's Team can blame this poor performance on their subpar draft position. This team won't concern anyone with a projected record of 2-12 (1,802 points). JoshM's Team are predicted to finish 10th in Yahoo Public 805744.

• Chris Carson

Best Pick
What a mid-round value for JoshM's Team, who got Carson at No. 86, about two rounds later than his ADP of 68. After a season in which he ran for 1,151 yards and 9 TDs and snagged 20 balls for 163 yards in 14 games, totaling 191 fantasy points, Carson is projected to score 129 fantasy points with the Seahawks. That makes him a valuable No. 4 RB for this squad.

• Jared Goff

Reach Pick
We're going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you got distracted right before the selection of Goff at No. 6, about nine rounds earlier than his ADP of 98. Projected to score 327 fantasy points this season with the Rams, he will be looking to perform similarly to last year when he threw for 4,688 yards and 32 TDs with 12 INTs to earn 322 fantasy points. But do you really need an extra QB? After all, you can only start one at a time. Goff will slot in as the No. 2 QB for JoshM's Team, based on projected points.
Draft Notes
  • JoshM's Team have one of the most challenging schedules in Yahoo Public 805744 this season based on projected records with a strength of schedule ranked as the 3rd-most difficult. But all is not lost. You can't control strength of schedule, but you can control how much work you put in. Fantasy football rewards players who put in the work, so be sure to keep track of each week's free agent pool.
  • With the 2nd-oldest group in the league at an average of 5.9 years of NFL experience, JoshM's Team must prioritize age before beauty. To that end, they didn't select any of the five rookies drafted.
  • Whatever the plan going into the draft, it surely didn't involve amassing such a weak group of stars. As a group, the top players from each position on JoshM's Team are forecasted to score the fewest points in the league. And the rest of the roster isn't any prettier, as those players are expected to combine for a point total that ranks in the middle of the pack.
  • Despite openings at WR and TE in the 6th round, JoshM's Team chose RB Phillip Lindsay with the 55th pick, filling the WR/RB/TE flex position at the expense of a higher leverage position.

Meh. Not too good if I'm being honest. Goff in the 1st round was a big no-no. You're gonna need big production out of Theilen, Bell and Fournette. I'm leery of Bell this year after having missed a whole year and Jet RBs never do good in fantasy. Fournette is often injured. Theilen will probably slide back to reality this season. I like the Lindsey pickup. I think he will be a steal especially inthe mid to late rounds. The rest are very unpredictable at this point. I'd imagine you'd finish at best mid pack and near the bottom worst case.

Hope you win though :)