Scale of 1 to 10 how much do you care about your teams Alumni and the NFL or pro sports?

Irishblooded

Does it change who you root for? Do you find yourself looking for highlights?

Personally I have never really been a big NFL guy other than something to watch on Sunday or nights without CFB. So if given the choice I will watch a team with ex ND players just to see how they do in the league post leaving ND. But I don't really follow any ND players after they graduate.

So I would rate myself at like a 3 or 4 .

I am not sure how to rate myself on this. I don't watch a lot of NFL games but I do keep track of a lot of our former players and search for highlights. I don't much care if they win or lose but I do want them to play well.

I care to track their individual performances and HoF’ers but it’s tough being a loyal NFL fan anymore with things like Fantasy, suicide pools, pick ‘em’s, etc……and the fact that my Chargers never win shit.

I want them to do well because I will always root for an alum to succeed in life and it’s always a great recruiting tool. And I hope the team with the most guys wins the game assuming they’re not a rival or there’s a benefit to the Eagles. But it will always be Birds first second and third on Sundays.

I’d say I’m about a 6. I always like to see them do well, whatever it may be. The NFL/NBA is a bit easier to keep track of than other careers. With that said, I‘d have a hard time naming what MSU players are still in the league, it’s not like we’re sending 10 guys a year.

I do know that Brian Hoyer (age 37) just got released by the Patriots. Apparently he’s great at breaking down film according to Tom Brady…I never thought he had a chance coming out of college. QBs can stick around a long time if they stay out of trouble and aren’t demanding to be a starter.

I care to track their individual performances and HoF’ers but it’s tough being a loyal NFL fan anymore with things like Fantasy, suicide pools, pick ‘em’s, etc……and the fact that my Chargers never win shit.
The face of ASU.

5739924.jpg

I dont keep up with the NFL or NBA. I'll give it a six, becuase I love to see former Cats in the pros highlights. I want to see them all do well. To me, legendary status is in college.