The "official" tag posters for the off season thread.

OldDevilDawg

'21 Co-PotY
@FifthQuarter
@KillyP
@FQUSF

I know there are more of you that spend time on Twitter, but I'm starting with you guys. Here's where we grow the forum. We got hella experience with a bunch former posters of a well known national board. Folks that were among the best there at being the foundation that made it strong. Off season conversations are where E-friendships are made. Folks need to be bringing in (tagging) as many as possible right now. Recruiting season has officially opened. We need a #1 incoming class.

Time to get to work.

Well fuck my life. Pulled two dead lambs and may have lost the ewe. Only took 6 hours though. I'll update on the ewe in the AM. Meanwhile 20-25 mph winds.
Been a tough year so far.
The life of a man raising livestock for a living is damn hard and discouraging when you put all that work in and everything goes wrong. Hopefully the ewe survives. You did everything you could.

The life of a man raising livestock for a living is damn hard and discouraging when you put all that work in and everything goes wrong. Hopefully the ewe survives. You did everything you could.
Ewe was still alive this morning but having a hard time getting up. I had a meeting so I propped her up on her side and by the time I got back out there she was standing and eating. I think what happened was that she started labor on the far end of the field. I found her earlier in the afternoon on her side and helped get her up. She had some discharge and seemed in labor but no evidence of placenta and no lamb. When she got up you could tell the lamb had shifted (sunken in sides). Well, both lambs tried to come out at the same time and blocked each other. When I reached in I felt 4 feet, then a head, then another foot and that's when I knew I was in trouble. Two lambs, one breech in the birth canal at the same time.

Ewe was still alive this morning but having a hard time getting up. I had a meeting so I propped her up on her side and by the time I got back out there she was standing and eating. I think what happened was that she started labor on the far end of the field. I found her earlier in the afternoon on her side and helped get her up. She had some discharge and seemed in labor but no evidence of placenta and no lamb. When she got up you could tell the lamb had shifted (sunken in sides). Well, both lambs tried to come out at the same time and blocked each other. When I reached in I felt 4 feet, then a head, then another foot and that's when I knew I was in trouble. Two lambs, one breech in the birth canal at the same time.
That's great she's still going. Yep that's a bad day. It's amazing how tough animals can be, something that would kill us in no time they can recover from.