What are we drinking tonight?

Big 8 Rules

634AF873-FE4F-4522-A529-0754A35BD806.jpegMade the missus Perfect Manhattans with Basil Hayden Dark Rye. I’m using the same in a couple of Sazeracs. I was able to pick up a Basil Hayden Toast today that I’ll open next weekend to celebrate the start of a week off.

Na zdrowie to all o yinz!

Never been a big fan of pre-mixed drinks, but this was a gift, its 375ml, so, just pour over ice, 35%alc, a little stronger than my normal mix but very tolerable,, what are bitters? looked it up and its some kind of floral alcohol ?? This was good by the way, I'll do it again, and the 375 is a proper amount :)

1629036258449.png

I worked nights for 7 years once, lived in some Apts, used to get off at 6am and sit on the porch and drink beer with burgers on the grill and greet all those going to work at 7.. those looks though.. lol
I worked 3rd shift for a short while, it sure was nice wacthing all those people rushing to get to work while drinking a cold one!

View attachment 6678Made the missus Perfect Manhattans with Basil Hayden Dark Rye. I’m using the same in a couple of Sazeracs. I was able to pick up a Basil Hayden Toast today that I’ll open next weekend to celebrate the start of a week off.

Na zdrowie to all o yinz!
From your picture, you are way too sophisticated for me. 🤣
1629050266409.png

Last edited:
Tonight Virgin Bourbon 101. A rare for the US anyway bottom shelfer that drinks like a top shelf. Only available in a couple of states as most gets exported to Japan. A good 7 year old charcoal filtered bourbon that is $15 a fifth.
Gonna join you, I have the bottom half of my 2nd bottle calling my name,,

Well they’re all out of CL’s, that fluid made by the Gods that freely flows out of the Garden of Eden, so I’m going with the old Red and Whites…
View attachment 6723

I've had it memorized for nearly 30 years. "This is the famous Budweiser beer. We know of no other brand produced by any other brewer which costs so much to brew and age. Our exclusive Beechwood Aging produces a taste, a smoothness, and a drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price."

Well they’re all out of CL’s, that fluid made by the Gods that freely flows out of the Garden of Eden, so I’m going with the old Red and Whites…
View attachment 6723
man, i grew up on bud -
the year they came back with the long necks,
(1988 maybe??)
they were sellin cases for $9,99 -
i had an aisle built of cases upon cases
in our house -