2022 Recruiting Thread

Duckboy33

2022 Recruiting is off and running. Here are the amount of 4/5 stars each program has committed as of 2/15:

ACC:
Clemson - 3
Florida State - 3
Notre Dame* - 3
North Carolina - 2
Boston College - 1
Miami FL - 1
Georgia Tech - 1

Big 12:
Oklahoma - 5
Texas - 4
Oklahoma State - 1

Big Ten:
Ohio State - 9
Penn State - 7
Michigan - 2
Maryland - 1
Purdue - 1
Iowa - 1
Minnesota - 1

PAC 12:
USC - 3
Oregon - 3
Stanford - 2
Washington - 1
California - 1

SEC:
Georgia - 7
LSU - 5
Texas A&M - 4
Missouri - 2
Alabama - 2
Florida - 2
Ole Miss - 1
Kentucky - 1

G5:
Cincinnati - 1

Big year for them. They had a disappointing year on the field and on the recruiting trail.

The year on the field was confusing, at best. Something was going on that us minions never knew about. I said it before and I'll say it again. Franklin has the ability to bring a Natty to PSU. He isn't even close to his ceiling as a head coach.

The year on the field was confusing, at best. Something was going on that us minions never knew about. I said it before and I'll say it again. Franklin has the ability to bring a Natty to PSU. He isn't even close to his ceiling as a head coach.
I got the same impression. It felt like some locker room issues that we’ll probably never know about.

Texas is hot on the trail right now. Murphy and Stewart were huge pickups
It's good to see them starting fast out of the gate. I've always liked the Longhorns. They don't seem to ever be in trouble. Ricky Williams was a great player and I always thought Texas represented themselves well. I saw them play a Fiesta Bowl against P.S.U.
Those were two incredibly talented teams. It also, coincidentally adds emphasis to a title.
Having either of those teams involved. Both seem to me to be the measure against which a championship is selected. I haven't really thought that much about Texas, but they're overdue I think to challenge, again.

Most 4/5 stars committed on 2/27:

ACC:
Notre Dame** - 5
Florida State - 3
North Carolina - 3
Clemson - 3
Miami FL - 1
Georgia Tech - 1

Big 12:
Oklahoma - 5
Texas - 5
Oklahoma State - 2

Big Ten:
Ohio State - 10
Penn State - 7
Michigan - 2
Rutgers - 1
Iowa - 1
Minnesota - 1
Purdue - 1

PAC 12:
Oregon - 4
USC - 3
Arizona State - 2
Stanford - 2
Washington - 1
California - 1
UCLA - 1
Colorado - 1

SEC:
LSU - 8
Georgia - 8
Texas A&M - 6
Alabama - 3
Missouri - 2
Florida - 2
Ole Miss - 2
Arkansas - 1
Mississippi State - 1
Kentucky - 1

G5:
Cincinnati - 1

Most 4/5 stars committed on 2/27:

ACC:
Notre Dame** - 5
Florida State - 3
North Carolina - 3
Clemson - 3
Miami FL - 1
Georgia Tech - 1

Big 12:
Oklahoma - 5
Texas - 5
Oklahoma State - 2

Big Ten:
Ohio State - 10
Penn State - 7
Michigan - 2
Rutgers - 1
Iowa - 1
Minnesota - 1
Purdue - 1

PAC 12:
Oregon - 4
USC - 3
Arizona State - 2
Stanford - 2
Washington - 1
California - 1
UCLA - 1
Colorado - 1

SEC:
LSU - 8
Georgia - 8
Texas A&M - 6
Alabama - 3
Missouri - 2
Florida - 2
Ole Miss - 2
Arkansas - 1
Mississippi State - 1
Kentucky - 1

G5:
Cincinnati - 1
These are kind of fun. Obviously they cater to the establishment. Which is fine except thst recruiting ratings are an inexact science. People have tried, and failed in my estimation, to predict a championship with these but I will acknowledge that recruiting is a priority and ought to be included in some fashion. But ultimately it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog that matters most. This would make a person believe no G-5 could ever contend. There are too many examples to the contrary. I noticed when Georgia 'upset' Cincinnati, people were saying how badly Georgia played. I'm tired of hearing all the excuses about why Georgia couldn't bring it. My attitude is they were fortunate to win. Cincinnati nearly took them out. Following which we assuredly would have heard the thousands of reasons why Georgia didn't care about playing Cincinnati in the Peach.
Here's my question. No disrespect intended.
If your program can't self motivate. Particularly if it's a championship game, and bowls are championship games, why bother?
Seriously. If Cincinnati wins, Georgia wasn't interested in playing Cincinnati. What a bunch of spoiled brats if that's actually true.

These are kind of fun. Obviously they cater to the establishment. Which is fine except thst recruiting ratings are an inexact science. People have tried, and failed in my estimation, to predict a championship with these but I will acknowledge that recruiting is a priority and ought to be included in some fashion. But ultimately it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog that matters most. This would make a person believe no G-5 could ever contend. There are too many examples to the contrary. I noticed when Georgia 'upset' Cincinnati, people were saying how badly Georgia played. I'm tired of hearing all the excuses about why Georgia couldn't bring it. My attitude is they were fortunate to win. Cincinnati nearly took them out. Following which we assuredly would have heard the thousands of reasons why Georgia didn't care about playing Cincinnati in the Peach.
Here's my question. No disrespect intended.
If your program can't self motivate. Particularly if it's a championship game, and bowls are championship games, why bother?
Seriously. If Cincinnati wins, Georgia wasn't interested in playing Cincinnati. What a bunch of spoiled brats if that's actually true.

Recruiting rankings aren't an exact science. It's impossible to project these kinds of things with 100% accuracy. Talent matters, of course but so does coaching and player development.

That said, you need top 10 talent on paper if you want to win the CFP. Closer to top 3 talent unless you have a generational talent at QB.

Recruiting rankings aren't an exact science. It's impossible to project these kinds of things with 100% accuracy. Talent matters, of course but so does coaching and player development.

That said, you need top 10 talent on paper if you want to win the CFP. Closer to top 3 talent unless you have a generational talent at QB.
I'm not saying they aren't important. I'm saying after you've done all your recruiting, regardless if who it is. Results matter. That argument was mentioned. Colin Cowherd made some ridiculous statement about Georgia bearing Brigham Young by 21. Or more. Except that hasn't happened. In fact last time they squared off BYU nearly won.
But I'm not about moral victories. But if you guys are going to pencil in victories before they actually happen, you damn well better accept the result when it DOES! I doubt I'm alone when after you lose the myriad of excuses why you never cared in the first place. Something seems really hollow about that thinking. Georgia wasn't motivated against Texas. I personally couldn't care less. If you don't care about winning, forfeit.

I'm not saying they aren't important. I'm saying after you've done all your recruiting, regardless if who it is. Results matter. That argument was mentioned. Colin Cowherd made some ridiculous statement about Georgia bearing Brigham Young by 21. Or more. Except that hasn't happened. In fact last time they squared off BYU nearly won.
But I'm not about moral victories. But if you guys are going to pencil in victories before they actually happen, you damn well better accept the result when it DOES! I doubt I'm alone when after you lose the myriad of excuses why you never cared in the first place. Something seems really hollow about that thinking. Georgia wasn't motivated against Texas. I personally couldn't care less. If you don't care about winning, forfeit.

Top tier recruiting doesn't guarantee success. Like I said, there are other variables.

Top tier recruiting doesn't guarantee success. Like I said, there are other variables.
I think it does. At least that's where it starts. That's why it's so important to promote the program in some fashion to s recruit. At present it seems pretty clear the best players are going to the best programs. Which is probably the way it ought to be. I'm saying if an upstart, say a Coastal Carolina gets traction they ought to be given some of the same privileges top-tier programs do.
That's why I think even with P-5 programs obviously benefitting through there present status, there are openings in less prominent places. Nobody should fear whether a G-5 can challenge. It's become political. Something will give, eventually. Eventually someone will burst the bubble. And I don't get why that's such a problem.
Does anyone really like seeing the same teams every year invited to the dance? For some reason I doubt anyone really does.

Kyion Grayes to Ohio State
Bryan Allen Jr. to Texas

Big pickups and both programs continue their early success on the trail

Kyion Grayes to Ohio State
Bryan Allen Jr. to Texas

Big pickups and both programs continue their early success on the trail
What I want to see is talent spread across the country. I honestly don't follow it very closely. I'm sure the recruiting people make it a big part of every day. I tend to think that a program can make it's own success. That's why proficiency ratings matter. If it were entirely about recruiting, we'd never see a Cincinnati in the chase. And assuming Fickel remains there, God willing over time Cincinnati will become a recruiting hotbed.

What I want to see is talent spread across the country. I honestly don't follow it very closely. I'm sure the recruiting people make it a big part of every day. I tend to think that a program can make it's own success. That's why proficiency ratings matter. If it were entirely about recruiting, we'd never see a Cincinnati in the chase. And assuming Fickel remains there, God willing over time Cincinnati will become a recruiting hotbed.
Just when I thought you couldn’t possibly post anything dumber, you overachieve and post drivel like this. The only person who gives a tinkers damn about proficiency ratings and the dumbass ridiculous “belt” is you. Not a single poster on this board, not one poster on any other board, not one coach, not one player, not one news outlet. NOT ONE. Every year Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU and a few others are in the hunt for the playoffs due hot one reason... recruiting. And Cincinnati was NEVER in the hunt.

Just when I thought you couldn’t possibly post anything dumber, you overachieve and post drivel like this. The only person who gives a tinkers damn about proficiency ratings and the dumbass ridiculous “belt” is you. Not a single poster on this board, not one poster on any other board, not one coach, not one player, not one news outlet. NOT ONE. Every year Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU and a few others are in the hunt for the playoffs due hot one reason... recruiting. And Cincinnati was NEVER in the hunt.

Fun fact. Only 6 programs have won a CFP game. Those teams finished 1-6 in the 2021 recruiting rankings.

5 star CB Will Johnson commits to Michigan. Huge pickup for the Wolverines. Johnson is the 11th ranked player in the country and the #1 player out of the state of Michigan.