LSU - 10
Texas A&M - 5
Auburn - 3
Tennessee - 3
South Carolina - 2
Florida - 2
Ole Miss - 1
Mississippi State - 1

UGA leads the nation, but that number is not indicative of reality. Multiple 5-stars have transferred from UGA because they couldn't earn playing time over the players ahead of them on the depth chart. They were the ones that had the arrogance to think they should be the starter as a freshman simply because they got that 5-star rating. Shit don't work that way. UGA's defensive front 7 this year will be the best in the country because many 5-stars waited their turn, did the work, and let their ego take a backseat to their work ethic.

UGA leads the nation, but that number is not indicative of reality. Multiple 5-stars have transferred from UGA because they couldn't earn playing time over the players ahead of them on the depth chart. They were the ones that had the arrogance to think they should be the starter as a freshman simply because they got that 5-star rating. Shit don't work that way. UGA's defensive front 7 this year will be the best in the country because many 5-stars waited their turn, did the work, and let their ego take a backseat to their work ethic.
They were pretty damn good last year... the offense was just so bad due to poor QB play the defense couldn’t get off the field. Best on the country? Maybe... but don’t sleep on Bama either.

They were pretty damn good last year... the offense was just so bad due to poor QB play the defense couldn’t get off the field. Best on the country? Maybe... but don’t sleep on Bama either.

Not saying the defense will be the best in the country as a whole, but UGA's front 7 will be. I'm pretty damned confident about that because they return every piece that has lead the country in run defense for the last 2 years.

Clemson should send Florida State a royalty check or something for the way they treated the bobby bowden situation.

Here's 4/5 stars over the last 5 seasons:

ACC:
Clemson - 69
Notre Dame - 61**
Miami FL - 56
Florida State - 49
North Carolina - 38
Virginia Tech - 20
NC State - 15
Georgia Tech - 11
Pittsburgh - 10
Louisville - 9
Boston College - 5
Virginia - 5
Duke - 3
Syracuse - 2
Wake Forest - 2

Big 12:
Oklahoma - 74
Texas - 69
TCU - 21
Baylor - 13
Oklahoma State - 10
West Virginia - 8
Iowa State - 4
Texas Tech - 4
Kansas - 3
Kansas State - 1

Big Ten:
Ohio State - 89
Michigan - 71
Penn State - 61
Nebraska - 33
Maryland - 23
Wisconsin - 17
Iowa - 14
Purdue - 11
Michigan State - 10
Minnesota - 9
Indiana - 6
Northwestern - 6
Illinois - 5
Rutgers - 5

PAC 12:
Oregon - 58
USC - 55
Washington - 49
Stanford - 30
UCLA - 24
Arizona State - 23
Utah - 17
California - 10
Colorado - 9
Washington State - 3
Oregon State - 2
Arizona - 2

SEC:
Alabama - 109
Georgia - 96
LSU - 76
Florida - 72
Texas A&M - 67
Auburn - 62
Tennessee - 44
South Carolina - 29
Mississippi State - 26
Ole Miss - 25
Arkansas - 24
Kentucky - 22
Missouri - 7
Vanderbilt - 4

G5/Independents:
Cincinnati - 5
Boise State - 4
BYU - 3
FIU - 2
UCF - 2
Memphis - 2
SMU - 1
San Diego State - 1
Charlotte - 1
Fresno State - 1
FAU - 1

Here's 4/5 stars over the last 5 seasons:

ACC:
Clemson - 69
Notre Dame - 61**
Miami FL - 56
Florida State - 49
North Carolina - 38
Virginia Tech - 20
NC State - 15
Georgia Tech - 11
Pittsburgh - 10
Louisville - 9
Boston College - 5
Virginia - 5
Duke - 3
Syracuse - 2
Wake Forest - 2

Big 12:
Oklahoma - 74
Texas - 69
TCU - 21
Baylor - 13
Oklahoma State - 10
West Virginia - 8
Iowa State - 4
Texas Tech - 4
Kansas - 3
Kansas State - 1

Big Ten:
Ohio State - 89
Michigan - 71
Penn State - 61
Nebraska - 33
Maryland - 23
Wisconsin - 17
Iowa - 14
Purdue - 11
Michigan State - 10
Minnesota - 9
Indiana - 6
Northwestern - 6
Illinois - 5
Rutgers - 5

PAC 12:
Oregon - 58
USC - 55
Washington - 49
Stanford - 30
UCLA - 24
Arizona State - 23
Utah - 17
California - 10
Colorado - 9
Washington State - 3
Oregon State - 2
Arizona - 2

SEC:
Alabama - 109
Georgia - 96
LSU - 76
Florida - 72
Texas A&M - 67
Auburn - 62
Tennessee - 44
South Carolina - 29
Mississippi State - 26
Ole Miss - 25
Arkansas - 24
Kentucky - 22
Missouri - 7
Vanderbilt - 4

G5/Independents:
Cincinnati - 5
Boise State - 4
BYU - 3
FIU - 2
UCF - 2
Memphis - 2
SMU - 1
San Diego State - 1
Charlotte - 1
Fresno State - 1
FAU - 1

I just looked at the 2022 247 Composite Top 300. 25 of them are from the state of Georgia. Currently, there are 360 4-5 stars. 30 of them are from Georgia. If this is a typical year, that's pretty crazy, but it explains the substantial numbers for the SEC. Florida and Texas should have much higher numbers. Louisiana should be pretty high, as well. The talent level in the Southeast dominates the country. California and Ohio are always in the mix in producing the most high school talent, but down here in the South, we take this shit serious.

With the talk on expanding the playoffs, there is talk of capping the number of 4-5 star players to "break-up" the usual playoff contenders. Basically in effect like the pros with best players going to worst teams. But that involves a draft, not player preferences.

I'd prefer a drop in overall scholarships. Win a playoff berth (current scenario) lose 5 scholarships, but retain access to any 5* players you want.

Tie it to number of playoffs in four years. Go to four playoffs in four years, lose 20 scholarships.

Not my preference, but throwing the thought out there with talk off limiting 4-5* players.

With the talk on expanding the playoffs, there is talk of capping the number of 4-5 star players to "break-up" the usual playoff contenders. Basically in effect like the pros with best players going to worst teams. But that involves a draft, not player preferences.

I'd prefer a drop in overall scholarships. Win a playoff berth (current scenario) lose 5 scholarships, but retain access to any 5* players you want.

Tie it to number of playoffs in four years. Go to four playoffs in four years, lose 20 scholarships.

Not my preference, but throwing the thought out there with talk off limiting 4-5* players.
Screw that. Recruit better.

I just looked at the 2022 247 Composite Top 300. 25 of them are from the state of Georgia. Currently, there are 360 4-5 stars. 30 of them are from Georgia. If this is a typical year, that's pretty crazy, but it explains the substantial numbers for the SEC. Florida and Texas should have much higher numbers. Louisiana should be pretty high, as well. The talent level in the Southeast dominates the country. California and Ohio are always in the mix in producing the most high school talent, but down here in the South, we take this shit serious.

4/5 stars by state (2022 class):

Texas - 52
Florida - 44
Georgia - 32
California - 24
Louisiana - 18
Tennessee - 14
Alabama - 13
Virginia - 13
North Carolina - 12
Ohio - 12
Mississippi - 11
Pennsylvania - 11
Michigan - 10
Indiana - 8
Missouri - 8
Nevada - 8
Maryland - 7
Arizona - 6
Oklahoma - 6
South Carolina - 6
Washington - 6
Illinois - 5
Wisconsin - 5
Kentucky - 4
New Jersey - 4
Arkansas - 3
Iowa - 3
Colorado - 2
Massachusetts - 2
Nebraska - 2
Oregon - 2
Utah - 2
Connecticut - 1
Delaware - 1
Hawaii - 1
Minnesota - 1
New York - 1

I don't think you can do anything that makes the "star" system official. You could lower the scholarship limit, they did that back in 1994 and it created some more parity.

I don't think you can do anything that makes the "star" system official. You could lower the scholarship limit, they did that back in 1994 and it created some more parity.

Back before scholarship limits, Bama was on top of the CFB world. Hell, Bear Bryant was probably responsible for the initiation of the first scholarship limits. Don't seem like that helped at all. Just saying.

Back before scholarship limits, Bama was on top of the CFB world. Hell, Bear Bryant was probably responsible for the initiation of the first scholarship limits. Don't seem like that helped at all. Just saying.
True. Bear would give a player a scholarship just to keep them from playing for someone else 😂!

True. Bear would give a player a scholarship just to keep them from playing for someone else 😂!

Nowadays, everybody recruits the shit out of players that don't even fit their system just to keep them from signing with the competition. I know UGA has done that for years. Mike Bobo used to pull some pretty good dual threat QBs to UGA ( ...and he still has no fucking clue what to do with a dual threat QB). Really talented guys that ended up disappearing. I can only imagine what those guys could have accomplished under Cousin Eddie when he was the OC for the Swamp Lizards. It's dirty pool, but all is fair in love and war.