Annual he deserves an a** chewing and threats of bodily harm thread ...

giphy.gif

You're a dick. Every neighbor you have constantly gets cussed out and cut off by their wives because of you..........fucking over achiever.
The funny part is that over the summer, I probably keep the worse lawn of all of us. My story now is that I started working on it in the first week of March but lost interest when the neighbors weren't ready to shine. We all know it's bullshit, but it's a ritual. Tomorrow I will smoke a Boston butt and when the neighbors come by to flip me off, we can drink a beer. Yes, I am a dick but it ends well.

BTW ... Saturday my neighbor called and on behalf of the neighborhood gave me a fuck you, asked to borrow some beer and flipped off the Ring camera as he reached into my cooler. I say this in all honesty, I could not have asked for a better neighbor especially for someone with my sense of humor.

My yard man decides when to cut my lawn.
A-men brotha... I am almost as fond of my yard guy as I am of my dog.
I am just going to be honest, I have nothing against having a lawn guy. For me and the battles I have fought with my knees, mowing is something I just have to do for myself lest it feels like I am giving up. I feel the same about using canes or mobility scooters. Now had I won the Powerball before I screwed up my knees, some folks would be paid well to carry my fat ass in public. Hell, I would have a palanquin to get me from the beer cooler to pissing tree ... but I digress.

I am just going to be honest, I have nothing against having a lawn guy. For me and the battles I have fought with my knees, mowing is something I just have to do for myself lest it feels like I am giving up. I feel the same about using canes or mobility scooters. Now had I won the Powerball before I screwed up my knees, some folks would be paid well to carry my fat ass in public. Hell, I would have a palanquin to get me from the beer cooler to pissing tree ... but I digress.
Growing up I had to cut our yard, the yard next to it and the side yard we played football in. It was nearly the size of a football field in fact we had two college All Americans in our pick up team. 16 college scholarships in total.

After cutting that much each week I hate yard work with a passion.

Growing up I had to cut our yard, the yard next to it and the side yard we played football in. It was nearly the size of a football field in fact we had two college All Americans in our pick up team. 16 college scholarships in total.

After cutting that much each week I hate yard work with a passion.
I had to give up most of the activities that I like to do due to my knees. It takes me about 30 minutes to push mow my yard and I feel that I need to have something force me to keep working/walking. I can get it mowed for $25/week but I really need to do as much as I can ... even if it is that little. I doubt that I will be mowing in five years but we shall see.

I had to give up most of the activities that I like to do due to my knees. It takes me about 30 minutes to push mow my yard and I feel that I need to have something force me to keep working/walking. I can get it mowed for $25/week but I really need to do as much as I can ... even if it is that little. I doubt that I will be mowing in five years but we shall see.

Sorry to hear that... I do not blame you at all for trying to keep active as much as you can.

For myself I first got a lawn guy when I had a house about 5 miles from where I live now and the front sides and back were all kinds of F'd up with small hills, slopes and of course some hellish shrubs on one side of the house. I had a top of the line riding mower that was craftsman and had the oil pump so when mowing on an incline ( which was most of that damn yard ) it kept oil pumping thru the engine instead of it all pooling on one side etc...

anyway, I would spend like 2 - 3 hrs total mowing, weed eating and trimming the hedges... I would come back in the house angry at my stupid yard and how long it took to cut when one day my girl was in the kitchen making dinner so I came in got a cold beer and sat down to bitch and moan about that yard and she says "How much is your time worth?" I was all "My time? My time is worth a lot.... why?" and she looks at me like I'm the stupid kid in pre-school and replies "So is your time worth more than what you would pay a lawn service?".

A week later I had a lawn guy and sold my mower for $1200 and never looked back. Every time I see the lawn guy or come home to a beautifully mowed lawn I smile. Funny thing is my current lawn is flat as a pancake and has very few trees/bushes... hell I could probly cut it in 30-40 mins with a push mower but my fat ass is spoiled now.... I ain't goin back!

Sorry to hear that... I do not blame you at all for trying to keep active as much as you can.
It is actually a good thing and I honestly believe that I probably would not be alive had I not gotten hurt. It is true that you can't fix stupid, but you can survive it at reduced speed. It really stopped me from doing a lot of the crazy ... and I mean certifiably insane ... shit that I was doing and for that, it is a blessing.