Anybody Else

It's getting bigger and bigger....(pun intended)

Speaking of adults … quite an interesting website is trying to join in on the Michael Block mania, and this is certainly a new one in golf circles. My.Club may sound like a place where you pick out your irons and perhaps a new putter, but, umm, it focuses on a different type of service. One of the adult entertainment variety.

The subscription service is attempting to enter the golf landscape by bagging the biggest name in the sport (for the moment) offering the newly-minted PGA legend $300k to become its golf professional. That's potentially more money than he made at the New York major.

It's getting bigger and bigger....(pun intended)

Speaking of adults … quite an interesting website is trying to join in on the Michael Block mania, and this is certainly a new one in golf circles. My.Club may sound like a place where you pick out your irons and perhaps a new putter, but, umm, it focuses on a different type of service. One of the adult entertainment variety.

The subscription service is attempting to enter the golf landscape by bagging the biggest name in the sport (for the moment) offering the newly-minted PGA legend $300k to become its golf professional. That's potentially more money than he made at the New York major.
I don't get it

I mean how can you prove he's wrong?

But those haters had to feel a little vindicated on Wednesday when Block, speaking on the RipperMagoo podcast with Bob Menery, made a somewhat preposterous claim regarding Rory McIlroy's distance off the tee, Block having just seen it up close last Sunday. Menery asked Block what's the biggest difference between his game and McIlroy's, and Block's response as set Twitter aflame.

"He's a lot longer than I am, that's what it is," said Block, a factual statement.

"So the length is the big thing?" Menery added.

"Oh my God," Block said. "What I would shoot from where Rory hits it would be stupid. I think I'd be one of the best players in the world.

"Hands down. If I had that stupid length, all day. My iron game, wedge game, around the greens and my putting is world class," he said.

chevy-chase-backward-golf-shot-in-movie-caddyshack-380ejc4gu1hymzx9.gif

The Block party continues on a bridge.

Michael Block, the club pro who achieved international fame at last week’s PGA Championship, found his drive in a precarious position during his first round at the Charles Schwab Challenge Thursday.

On the 10th hole, a 385-yard par 4, the fairway runs out around the 270-yard mark, forcing tour players to hit less than driver off the tee. A penalty area sits just beyond the fairway.

Consequently, Block pushed his 3-wood to the right and got an unfortunate bounce as his ball continued to roll down the cart path.

His tee shot came to rest on a bridge, which crosses the penalty area that bisects the 10th hole.

“That was the worst tee shot I have ever hit in my life,” Block muttered as caught by Golf Channel’s cameras.

A week later, in the Charles Schwab Challenge at Fort Worth’s famed Colonial Country Club, Block will get on a Saturday morning flight after signing for a four-over 74 in Round 2 to miss the cut. After an 81 on Thursday, he was in last place of the 120 players in the field and remained there.

Block did manage some highlights, including a near-ace and a daring approach shot off a bridge to save par. But the exhaustion from the PGA Championship finally caught up to him, and his reliable fade with the driver deserted him.

Block choked up when asked how he will let out all the emotions from the past two weeks.

“I'm not going to let it all out until I get to my house and I'm sitting in the backyard—no, I can't talk about this stuff right now,” Block said, pausing briefly. “My black lab Messy, he's waiting for me. I haven't seen him in almost two weeks, and I can't wait to get home and throw the ball with him.”

After his time with the pooch, and likely some celebrations with members at Arroyo Trabuco Golf Club in Mission Viejo, where he teaches, Block will be back out on the PGA Tour next month for the RBC Canadian Open. There, he’ll compete on a sponsor’s invitation at Oakdale Golf and Country Club in Toronto, on the other side of Lake Ontario from Rochester, where his star was born.

“I cannot wait to get to Toronto,” Block said.

A week later, in the Charles Schwab Challenge at Fort Worth’s famed Colonial Country Club, Block will get on a Saturday morning flight after signing for a four-over 74 in Round 2 to miss the cut. After an 81 on Thursday, he was in last place of the 120 players in the field and remained there.

Block did manage some highlights, including a near-ace and a daring approach shot off a bridge to save par. But the exhaustion from the PGA Championship finally caught up to him, and his reliable fade with the driver deserted him.

Block choked up when asked how he will let out all the emotions from the past two weeks.

“I'm not going to let it all out until I get to my house and I'm sitting in the backyard—no, I can't talk about this stuff right now,” Block said, pausing briefly. “My black lab Messy, he's waiting for me. I haven't seen him in almost two weeks, and I can't wait to get home and throw the ball with him.”

After his time with the pooch, and likely some celebrations with members at Arroyo Trabuco Golf Club in Mission Viejo, where he teaches, Block will be back out on the PGA Tour next month for the RBC Canadian Open. There, he’ll compete on a sponsor’s invitation at Oakdale Golf and Country Club in Toronto, on the other side of Lake Ontario from Rochester, where his star was born.

“I cannot wait to get to Toronto,” Block said.

His dog is named Messy. That's awesome.