Anyone Watch/Follow College Hockey?

Basement Bias

FlyingWolver9er
NCAA tournament starts this week. The Albany regional is pairing the best commentators together with Dave Starman and Ben Holden. Starman brings great hockey insight and Holden brings energy & excitement to the call. Hope to catch North Dakota against Notre Dame. Don't believe the 3rd member of the famed crew is working the game Shireen Staski, (now Shireen Starman married to Dave) who usually does the rinkside interviews. CBS SN used to have all 3 for their broadcasts but Holden was let go or moved on. Clay Matvick also is a great one to listen to as well.

Wish I could get into hockey (trust me, I've tried) because I like the action on the ice. I just can't follow the damned puck and that's a big downer for me. I'd like to see a goal myself before the announcer tells me they scored one. I've heard that you have to see a game in person to really be able to get into it, but I never have, so maybe that's why. That and I'm from the south where liking hockey is like hoping AOC runs for president.......

Good luck with this group of hill billies, OP.
hqdefault.jpg

Wish I could get into hockey (trust me, I've tried) because I like the action on the ice. I just can't follow the damned puck and that's a big downer for me. I'd like to see a goal myself before the announcer tells me they scored one. I've heard that you have to see a game in person to really be able to get into it, but I never have, so maybe that's why. That and I'm from the south where liking hockey is like hoping AOC runs for president.......
Yes watching in person makes it more enjoyable. It brings physicality during the winter sports you don't get with hoops. Wrestling has physicality as well and I love it, but it's individuals at a time and not teams like hockey. Plus hockey is pretty fast paced and if you suck at skating like I do, it's incredible how they can maneuver on the ice.

Yes watching in person makes it more enjoyable. It brings physicality during the winter sports you don't get with hoops. Wrestling has physicality as well and I love it, but it's individuals at a time and not teams like hockey. Plus hockey is pretty fast paced and if you suck at skating like I do, it's incredible how they can maneuver on the ice.
Ice doesn't form naturally here...except maybe once every decade, for about 4 hours.

I used to watch the nhl some but haven't really the past 2 or 3 years. I wasnt a big fan but followed the black hawks and to a lesser extent the blues. It's a fun sport to watch, and the physical aspect of it is what drew my attention. I watch a game every once in awhile and once the playoffs start I will probably pay more attention since wrestling is over. As far as college hockey goes, I've watched very little.

I used to watch the nhl some but haven't really the past 2 or 3 years. I wasnt a big fan but followed the black hawks and to a lesser extent the blues. It's a fun sport to watch, and the physical aspect of it is what drew my attention. I watch a game every once in awhile and once the playoffs start I will probably pay more attention since wrestling is over. As far as college hockey goes, I've watched very little.
I got hooked as a preteen/teen in 02-04/05 range when we got Directv with the sports package. That's when I took a break from wrestling (02) & basketball (04) due to burnout (02) & football injury & not getting cleared (04). It was interesting to see the different schools involved & their traditions like college football.

I pay attention to Oklahoma States club team and I'm an unfortunate fan of the Maple Leafs since birth. Just on the big NCAA level I never really watched it. This was my first year paying attention to college hockey but really only the Big XII teams since every school has a program but everyone just plays club since we are poors 😂