Are you less excited for college football?

Irishblooded

I am in my mid 40s. Grew up in the shadow of the Dome. Have partied and hung out with players and teams all my life. Met coaches gone to countless games.

My first game in the stadium was in 88 against Michigan. Where ND lost a time out because the crowd was too loud.

I have also saw the 88 Miami game, the snow bowl vs Penn St, the 05 Bush push all in person.

And I have to admit the changes in college in the last handful of years is just killing it for me. From NIL to the portal to the NCAA ruling on direct payments to the rule changes. I know it seems super negative Nancy. But was talking to a long time bud the other day. And I can't even tell you half the projected depth chart.

Is it just me?

would prefer to go back to the original B12,
or even the SWC days...

still lookin forward to this season,
and will watch every game, if I can -
also, plannin to go to the Ft Worth game with my son -

Agree with OP, but I do like that CFB is going to a 12 game playoff. Lot more excitement and chances for a 1 or even possibly a 2 loss team to win it all.

Nope

I love this sport and know it’s history. I know that the only constant has been change over 150 years. Im still gonna watch all day Saturday (when not being dragged to things by the wife) with my beers and my grub and multiple tv screens going to soak it all in.

I love the sport, warts and all.

Yes, but I'm less excited for football at all levels this year not just college. After some really good years the last 3 at most levels, it's time to take some lumps again & I'm a bad loser & sometimes winner.

As for college, the "P5" it is highly unlikely Michigan is going to repeat. With all the new P5 & G5 changes, it will be hard to get used to. I wasn't a fan of the changes, as it screwed with major parts of why I loved college football. To me it feels like we are wanting to duplicate week 1 or 2 matchups all season but that isn't feasible and has diminishing returns. Just feel it went too far this time. We need a balance of that & those regional rivalry games in regionalized conferences. The regional conferences are so much the history of the sport.

On the opposite end, it is still football (for the most part) and a good way to spend time with family, friends, and etc. Good excuse to eat good food & drinks, though I could stand to miss a few meals.

I am in my mid 40s. Grew up in the shadow of the Dome. Have partied and hung out with players and teams all my life. Met coaches gone to countless games.

My first game in the stadium was in 88 against Michigan. Where ND lost a time out because the crowd was too loud.

I have also saw the 88 Miami game, the snow bowl vs Penn St, the 05 Bush push all in person.

And I have to admit the changes in college in the last handful of years is just killing it for me. From NIL to the portal to the NCAA ruling on direct payments to the rule changes. I know it seems super negative Nancy. But was talking to a long time bud the other day. And I can't even tell you half the projected depth chart.

Is it just me?
No. It’s not just you.

I find myself….numb. What I wouldn’t give to feel what I did 20 years ago.

I love it today! Saban is gone! EeeOhh the witch is dead, which ole witch the wicked witch.

Tennessee will thrive in the NIL. We have lots of money and are will to spend it.