Athlon's Way Too Early Top 25 (Updated on 2/24)

Duckboy33

Link

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. Georgia
5. Ohio State
6. Iowa State
7. Cincinnati
8. Texas A&M
9. Notre Dame
10. North Carolina
11. Wisconsin
12. Oregon
13. Florida
14. Iowa
15. USC
16. Miami FL
17. Arizona State
18. Coastal Carolina
19. Indiana
20. TCU
21. Oklahoma State
22. Washington
23. LSU
24. Texas
25. Louisiana

Next Tier:
Boise State
BYU
Liberty
NC State
Nevada
Northwestern
Ole Miss
Penn State
San Jose State
UCF
UCLA
Utah

Other Teams to Watch:
Army
Auburn
Boston College
California
Michigan
Minnesota
Stanford
Tulsa
UAB
Virginia Tech
West Virginia

Link

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. Georgia
5. Ohio State
6. Iowa State
7. Cincinnati
8. Texas A&M
9. Notre Dame
10. North Carolina
11. Wisconsin
12. Oregon
13. Florida
14. Iowa
15. USC
16. Miami FL
17. Arizona State
18. Coastal Carolina
19. Indiana
20. TCU
21. Oklahoma State
22. Washington
23. LSU
24. Texas
25. Louisiana

Next Tier:
Boise State
BYU
Liberty
NC State
Nevada
Northwestern
Ole Miss
Penn State
San Jose State
UCF
UCLA
Utah

Other Teams to Watch:
Army
Auburn
Boston College
California
Michigan
Minnesota
Stanford
Tulsa
UAB
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
You can see with any publication a tendency to lean upon past results. Which isn't necessarily bad. A little surprised to see Arizona St ranked as highly as they are, but it must be some kind of hypothetical. Sometimes what they do with preseason rankings is make a prediction about where teams are likely to finish. Then swap that with the preseason. My guess is that's probably what's happening here. Apparently someone thinks Arizona St is overdue. And I noticed within the WAC they were especially good. It would warrant their placement before Brigham Young for example. These publications do a lot of research. F.W.I.W.
Particularly Athlon's. So there are likely pretty solid. It used to be Sporting News. So these aren't someone's opinion. Factual. IMO. And trustworthy. The only one I know they might be taken more seriously is Phil Steele. He prides himself in being the best. It was likely just suggestion to include four teams to the championship. F.W.I.W.

You can see with any publication a tendency to lean upon past results. Which isn't necessarily bad. A little surprised to see Arizona St ranked as highly as they are, but it must be some kind of hypothetical. Sometimes what they do with preseason rankings is make a prediction about where teams are likely to finish. Then swap that with the preseason. My guess is that's probably what's happening here. Apparently someone thinks Arizona St is overdue. And I noticed within the WAC they were especially good. It would warrant their placement before Brigham Young for example. These publications do a lot of research. F.W.I.W.
Particularly Athlon's. So there are likely pretty solid. It used to be Sporting News. So these aren't someone's opinion. Factual. IMO. And trustworthy. The only one I know they might be taken more seriously is Phil Steele. He prides himself in being the best. It was likely just suggestion to include four teams to the championship. F.W.I.W.

ASU has a very explosive offense and Jayden Daniels is set for a breakout year IMO. It's certainly a prediction and not based on the last two years but I agree with them. They have a great QB, great offensive weapons for him to get the ball to and a HOF coach. They could certainly be a top 25 team.

ASU has a very explosive offense and Jayden Daniels is set for a breakout year IMO. It's certainly a prediction and not based on the last two years but I agree with them. They have a great QB, great offensive weapons for him to get the ball to and a HOF coach. They could certainly be a top 25 team.
I'm not diminishing Arizona State. I've admitted multiple times their superiority to Brigham Young University. They assuredly are one of the upper echelon teams. Have been for a while. As best as I can tell haven't, as of yet cleared the last hurdle. But have come decidedly close. Particularly in 1996. When they played Ohio St in the Rose Bowl. I remember that game because Joe Germaine played for Ohio State. He was from Scottsdale. Arizona. That's where my brother was living at the time. Ohio State won. Making it possible for Florida to claim it. Brigham Young won the Cotton Bowl. 19-15. That was Brigham Young's toughest win.

Link

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. Georgia
5. Ohio State
6. Iowa State
7. Cincinnati
8. Texas A&M
9. Notre Dame
10. North Carolina
11. Wisconsin
12. Oregon
13. Florida
14. Iowa
15. USC
16. Miami FL
17. Arizona State
18. Coastal Carolina
19. Indiana
20. TCU
21. Oklahoma State
22. Washington
23. LSU
24. Texas
25. Louisiana

Next Tier:
Boise State
BYU
Liberty
NC State
Nevada
Northwestern
Ole Miss
Penn State
San Jose State
UCF
UCLA
Utah

Other Teams to Watch:
Army
Auburn
Boston College
California
Michigan
Minnesota
Stanford
Tulsa
UAB
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
I like this for a plethora of reasons, but mostly because it feels right. People are suggesting there should be changed to accommodate more teams. I think if a person were honest with himself, and I consider most people honest, they would have difficulty saying anything regarding the protocol is unfair, unless it's the committee. That's the part I have the hardest struggle with. Committees aren't necessary. Not in the Twenty-First Century. I'm actually flabbergasted that we can't do something with a computer. Actually, we can. I outlined it. F.P.I. is the basis for selection. At least it ought to be in my estimation. There is a protocol for it. Http://www.TeamRankings.com. It's so easy. I could have predicted a title game between Alabama and Ohio St in advance of the playoff. I guess the question becomes if technology tells us the answer prior to the event, why not use it? That's been my position along. We dont need to abandon CFP. We can keep it. But we dont need to expand it. Although that's also a possibility to consider.