***Bama 48 ----- Arkansas 7*** FINAL

Bama Believer

18 and Counting! Roll Tide!!!
When he was suddenly thrown in last saturday against Tennessee after Tua went down.. His performance was pretty much sub par.. badly missed on a swing pass that was clearly a case of nerves,, the ball hit the ground half way to the receiver.. then several other passes were slightly ahead of receivers (debateable about catchable or not), and on a 3rd down scramble and run, he slid in 2 yards short of the 1st down when a cut either way and a head first dive would have given us the first..
Granted, nerves clearly got the better of him.. but now with a week to prepare as "The Guy",, How do you think He'll perform..
Here are some quotes from an AL.COM article..

As Mac Jones threw passes on Monday during Alabama’s first practice viewing period of the week, Steve Sarkisian was positioned right there next to him — watching, talking and continuing the process of getting Jones ready for this weekend.
It’s been an ongoing process for Sarkisian and Nick Saban these past few days, prepping Jones as the redshirt sophomore gets set to start at quarterback for Alabama when the team hosts Arkansas on Saturday.

and here is some Saban comments from same article a bit further down..

“Mac’s got to be the leader of the team,” Saban said. “He’s got to take over the team. When you’re the backup player, you’re a little bit like the sparring partner, but you can’t be that anymore. You’re the lead fighter. You’re the top dog. You’ve got to do things with confidence. You’ve got to take command and you’ve got to play with confidence. And you can’t have bad body language in front of the rest of your teammates. Regardless of what happens, you’ve got to be able to play the next play. And he’s responded really well and I think practiced pretty well the last couple of days.”

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...-really-well-with-tua-tagovailoa-injured.html

I think he may struggle at first, thrown into a massive job on the public stage.

But will settle down and do a competent job
He's talented or Coach Saban wouldn't have him on the roster. He knows the offense very well, he just hasn't had many meaningful snaps. I think the offense will look different, with a lot more emphasis on the running game and low risk play action passing. I expect a lot of swing passes and screens.

He's talented or Coach Saban wouldn't have him on the roster. He knows the offense very well, he just hasn't had many meaningful snaps. I think the offense will look different, with a lot more emphasis on the running game and low risk play action passing. I expect a lot of swing passes and screens.

Just NO bubble screens. No channeling their inner Lane Kiffin

Think Arky will come out motivated knowing they aren't facing Tua and look to try to make a game out of it.

And then kickoff will happen and all that shit will end really fast.

Reference "everyone has a plan until I punch them in the face"

Arky went 3 and out,, then Bama went on a 14 play drive that stalled on the 10.. Fg.. Bama 3 Ark 0... Pretty good balance between the run and safe passes so far..

Ark was driving the ball and then fumbled the snap.. Bama took it back to around the 20... Mac Jones overthrew davonta smith but ruggs caught it for a TD.. LOL DAYUM...