Big 12: ESPN Conspired with AAC to take down the Big 12

So a random reporter at the AAC accidentally used the 3-5 teams from the Big XII to the AAC which seemed innocuous enough at first until all this broke loose. Twitter is amazing right now.

i dont think that's very fuckin funny -

Relax, bro. I just think you guys are better than that. Going to the AAC, IMO is an unnecessary step down. Stick together with the 8 you have and add others when you can. The AAC has more problems than a math book. Too many egos and not enough to back it up. You think being in a conference with Texas was bad? Try being in a conference where damn near every team thinks they are better than they really are.

I ain't even kidding when I say the remaining members of the B12 should be raping the Sun Belt. Bring Louisiana (a final top 25 team last year), Texas State, and Arkansas State in. Get back to 12 by adding Tulane from the AAC. Tell everyone to fuck off and make your own road. The SEC has reached the success level it did by telling everyone else to fuck off.

Relax, bro. I just think you guys are better than that. Going to the AAC, IMO is an unnecessary step down. Stick together with the 8 you have and add others when you can. The AAC has more problems than a math book. Too many egos and not enough to back it up. You think being in a conference with Texas was bad? Try being in a conference where damn near every team thinks they are better than they really are.
I ain't even kidding when I say the remaining members of the B12 should be raping the Sun Belt. Bring Louisiana (a final top 25 team last year), Texas State, and Arkansas State in. Get back to 12 by adding Tulane from the AAC. Tell everyone to fuck off and make your own road. The SEC has reached the success level it did by telling everyone else to fuck off.
Well, winning the majority of everything football helped.

I'm confident in my school, just not in the Big XII leadership.
i dont even have confidence in my school -
we ran off the pirate
when we were building a football program -
hell, we were ranked #2 at one point -
we've been wanderin the desert for 10yr,
and now we're about to set sail
and drift into compete irrelevance -
i'd say we still have baseball n basketball,
as well as some minor sports,
but that'll fall apart in a shit conf -
only hope for tech
is if the pac (eventually) makes a move,
otherwise, we're fucked -

The Big 12 schools just need to have trust. If they stick together, it's a better option than the AAC. The problem is trust isn't there. Every school is trying to look for a way out and everyone understands that dynamic. I think when it's clear that the 8 remaining schools aren't joining other conferences, the Big 12 will figure out the next steps.

Merging with the AAC is nonsense. If anything, the Big 12 should be able to pick and choose who they want from the AAC.