Big doings in my home town.

Bullitt08

The next two weekends this little Southern town will be rocking.

This weekend Rock the South. About 60,000 screaming C&W fans in town for a two day music festival.
Rock the South August 13 & 14, 2021 in Cullman, AL

Next weekend President Trump is having a rally of about 60,000 screaming fans in the same York Family Farm.
206094167_4102505766471116_7011363040320215915_n-820x394.jpg

Right now there are four hotel rooms available for the festival at about $400 a night.

There are no hotel rooms or rentals available for the Trump rally. The closest, all six, are over thirty miles away.

Not bad for a little town of 15,000 in North Alabama.

People are already starting to come in. Several booths of Trump merchandise on the streets. No hotel rooms available for miles. Tonight our Friday night dinner group is going to the Bright Star in Bessemer as we think tomorrow night will not be a good time to try and eat dinner anywhere near here.

Yesterday gave a $250 donation to the Mo Brooks campaign. Got the VIP seats and parking from Rock the South plus express security clearance. My best friend's wife and I are going together.

Just made a dry run to the site. 2.6 miles from the house. Impressive. The sound towers must be 200 feet in the air with three hugh video boards plus they are blasting out tunes.

The merchandise vendors are everywhere. You can get I am sure any type of Trump merchandise.

For two weekends is a row Cullman will be the 7th largest city in Alabama.

Just made a dry run to the site. 2.6 miles from the house. Impressive. The sound towers must be 200 feet in the air with three hugh video boards plus they are blasting out tunes.

The merchandise vendors are everywhere. You can get I am sure any type of Trump merchandise.

For two weekends is a row Cullman will be the 7th largest city in Alabama.
Watch-out for the Covid bro! A coworker and her husband just returned with it from a visit to a Myrtle Beach gathering. No hospitalization yet but they seem like this:

1629487907108.png

Watch-out for the Covid bro! A coworker and her husband just returned with it from a visit to a Myrtle Beach gathering. No hospitalization yet but they seem like this:

View attachment 6733
LOL. We have four Catholic Shrines here including the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament which is also home of the EWTN Network. We are used to a lot of Yankees showing up looking like that.

https://olamshrine.com/

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.bNhjOavn8ULYmySlZQeEugHaFj?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

OIP.bNhjOavn8ULYmySlZQeEugHaFj

I read where he got booed for telling folks they needed to get the vaccine. Fake news?

I just watched the video, seems like they were looking for headlines, as always. It definitely wasnt the majority that booed.

I just watched the video, seems like they were looking for headlines, as always. It definitely wasnt the majority that booed.
Yep more fake news. There was a spattering of boos. With a crowd of about 60,000 there will be dissenting views but the response was in comparison to other responses fairly small and short. Trump had a great response to the disagreements. Thanks for noting the "headlines" were not really representative of the situation.

Me at rally.jpg