Big XII in weird valuation with ESPN & FOX...

CowpokeU

Big XII opened a windowless media valuation with FOX & ESPN 1.5 years early with CBS reporting that this is a 2 fold move meant to facilitate an early release for OU & UT by 2024 while also taking ESPN+ content and rolling it into a Big XII Network. The other move here is that the B1G cannot take Oregon, Washington, Cal & Stanford without incurring a massive anti-trust lawsuit, with that, the Big XII's valuation is reported to be high enough that it rocks the ship with both the Pac-12 & ACC.

Could this symbolize the beginning of the 3rd super league? The "best of the rest" even though it's more competitive without the riff raff of Indiana, Rutgers, Nebby, Vandy, Tennessee, Miss St, Mizzou, Oregon St, Wazzu but the Big XII has Kansas who owns Texas.

I'm assuming with Basketball closing the gap money wise with CFB that the guys upstairs want to keep this league together which makes me assume they already know something about the ACC that we only can speculate on...

Rumors swirling that the BigXII's current valuation will be double what the current Pac-12 would make in 5 years is starting to really generate steam from Beat Writers and national guys on Twitter.

One big rumor is the Pro-Rata escalator clause being built in for the Big XII in these windowless valuations wherein there's incentive to pick up P5 only schools almost throwing the proverbial life vest out for Wazzu & Oregon State.

There also seems to be a consensus agreement that the Rose Bowl will continue as a Big XII vs B1G bowl.

The more I glean, the more I'll post bois

Because of this, Washington has sent it's emissaries to B1G offices.

Couple other weirdly connected network guys keep hinting that there's gonna be a big move & a big 3.

To those of us fortunate ones, feeeeeeeeellllls gooooooooood

This move is expected to bottom dollar be the current soon to be max payment of 49 mil per year and be double that by 2027. That's gonna be a massive piece of true of causing all kinds of mass migrations. This move is made for two reasons it seems.

1st) finish the Pac-12 off without the B1G initiating anti-trust lawsuits.

2nd) cause enough ACC schools to bail unanimously which invalidates the GoR due to some stupid clause of "if 6 at once go it's dead" which creates a mass raiding by the SEC, B1G & Big XII.

#2 also does something very very important to the networks. It frees Notre Dame from their ACC obligations freeing them up for the B1G

Wow - I had not heard the "if 6 at once go, it's dead" line yet. If that is true, we will be down to the P3 very shortly. Also, the pro rata for P5 schools sounds too good to be true for some teams. I assumed that Wazzu and Beavers were dead in the water. I know you are sharing what you are hearing - and not speculating yourself - but I would be very interested in the "who's out" listing.

Wow - I had not heard the "if 6 at once go, it's dead" line yet. If that is true, we will be down to the P3 very shortly. Also, the pro rata for P5 schools sounds too good to be true for some teams. I assumed that Wazzu and Beavers were dead in the water. I know you are sharing what you are hearing - and not speculating yourself - but I would be very interested in the "who's out" listing.

The Pro-Rata almost single handedly saves Wazzu & Oregon State which honestly would be really cool to me personally because we can have a yearly OSU orange & black rivalry. Also because OSU & oSu are both baseball blue bloods & that is a positive and lastly because the Big XII is quickly turning into the "Land Grant Gauntlet" so that's kinda cool.

So far "who's considered" Big XII wise seems to be this:

Pac-12: ASU, Zona, Wazzu, Colorado, Utah, Oregon State

MWC: SDSU

ACC: NC State, Florida State* Miami* Georgia Tech, Pitt, Louisville, Duke

AAC: South Florida

* With both FSU & Miami it seems that they both aren't adding as much value to the SEC & the B1G has it's eyeballs set hard on UNC, UVA with the SEC looking haaard at VTech, Clemson with potential at NC State & FSU.

Again, it's all hypotheticals there and it's the general consensus the talking heads have come up with.

The Pro-Rata almost single handedly saves Wazzu & Oregon State which honestly would be really cool to me personally because we can have a yearly OSU orange & black rivalry. Also because OSU & oSu are both baseball blue bloods & that is a positive and lastly because the Big XII is quickly turning into the "Land Grant Gauntlet" so that's kinda cool.

* With both FSU & Miami it seems that they both aren't adding as much value to the SEC & the B1G has it's eyeballs set hard on UNC, UVA with the SEC looking haaard at VTech, Clemson with potential at NC State & FSU.

Again, it's all hypotheticals there and it's the general consensus the talking heads have come up with.
Your posts sound like panic mode.

I agree with the list of possibilities (probably would throw Memphis in there as well, even though I am not a fan). That being said, the B1G would be going to 22 (adding 4 from PAC and 2 from ACC), the SEC looks to be going to 20 (adding 4 from ACC), how big would the XII go? There are a lot of schools being left out (especially if you are adding Wazzu and Beavers). So, if the XII take the remaining PAC schools (Arizona, ASU, CU, UU, WSU, OSU) they are at 18, with BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, Duke, Wake Forest, GT, Miami remaining...

I agree with the list of possibilities (probably would throw Memphis in there as well, even though I am not a fan). That being said, the B1G would be going to 22 (adding 4 from PAC and 2 from ACC), the SEC looks to be going to 20 (adding 4 from ACC), how big would the XII go? There are a lot of schools being left out (especially if you are adding Wazzu and Beavers). So, if the XII take the remaining PAC schools (Arizona, ASU, CU, UU, WSU, OSU) they are at 18, with BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, Duke, Wake Forest, GT, Miami remaining...

Tuck Fech. I hope their program dies.

Trust me, I dislike Tech as well (and pITT), but they do have programs that deserve to be in a decent conference. Also, although we may sometimes lose our rivalry games, it is much more fun to play someone you HATE.

I've said for years that I'd rather UGA play Clemson every year and lose GT. The nerds are so bad, I don't even hate them anymore.

Big 12 entering their contracts early should allow UT and OU to negotiate an earlier exit. At that point, they may entice some of the remaining PAC teams to join. However, I only see that happening if some PAC 10 schools get poached by the Big Ten. I don't think the anti-trust stuff is going to come up. Conference expansion has killed off other conferences in the past. Dennis Dodd, the person who originally reported the anti-trust stuff, is starting to back off of it.

McMurphy and Feldman seem to believe that the Big Ten is not done expanding and adding teams from the PAC 10. Sounds like Oregon, UW and Stanford are on deck. Possibly Cal but the Big Ten would prefer to have Notre Dame to round out to 20. At that point, the Big 12 will probably add Utah, Arizona, ASU and Colorado. I really doubt that anyone is giving the Big 12 a special rate above market value in order to save Oregon State and Wazzu. I'd be happy to be wrong here because I'd like to see OSU end up somewhere better than the MWC.

As far as expansion into the ACC. That's going to require a dissolution of the league. That's a long shot, at best.