Brag on Kids

Basement Bias

FlyingWolver9er
Wanted to brag a bit on some kids in my area of Indiana & Ohio. I spend a lot of time coaching youth in both states for football & wrestling. Spend my fall in Indiana coaching youth football (5th & 6th) for my HS alma mater and I started up the Pre-k to 4th flag football league this year. My first group of 5th & 6th graders ever just finished their 3rd straight year of being state runner-ups. Those kids also finished state runner-up in their class for the 2nd year in a row in the wrestling team duals. Meanwhile the kids in basketball just won their 2nd straight conference tournament. They hadn't won it in 47 years before last season. They have a great shot to win the regular season crown again as well.
As for the Indiana youth, a very respectable football season against bigger schools. Also they did well wrestling in the tournament last week with Pre-k to 6th with their "reserve" squad that included my kindergarten son by placing 4th. They beat a few other teams A squads handily.
As for the Ohio youth, that is where I spend the majority of my winter time with coaching wrestling. Last year our club team started finding success. This year we are taking control. We finally won the team dual where the Indiana club was at by knocking off one of the bullies. My stepson, cousin's son, and others were impressive. Then today we racked up the awards individually. My son wrestled for the Ohio club and got first along with many of our kids. Plus the middle school team is winning a ton as well. Those were the kids I cut my teeth as a wrestling coach.
To end, they're great kids on both sides of the line. Great students and always respectful boys & girls. Glad to see them having success at all age levels!

Wanted to brag a bit on some kids in my area of Indiana & Ohio. I spend a lot of time coaching youth in both states for football & wrestling. Spend my fall in Indiana coaching youth football (5th & 6th) for my HS alma mater and I started up the Pre-k to 4th flag football league this year. My first group of 5th & 6th graders ever just finished their 3rd straight year of being state runner-ups. Those kids also finished state runner-up in their class for the 2nd year in a row in the wrestling team duals. Meanwhile the kids in basketball just won their 2nd straight conference tournament. They hadn't won it in 47 years before last season. They have a great shot to win the regular season crown again as well.
As for the Indiana youth, a very respectable football season against bigger schools. Also they did well wrestling in the tournament last week with Pre-k to 6th with their "reserve" squad that included my kindergarten son by placing 4th. They beat a few other teams A squads handily.
As for the Ohio youth, that is where I spend the majority of my winter time with coaching wrestling. Last year our club team started finding success. This year we are taking control. We finally won the team dual where the Indiana club was at by knocking off one of the bullies. My stepson, cousin's son, and others were impressive. Then today we racked up the awards individually. My son wrestled for the Ohio club and got first along with many of our kids. Plus the middle school team is winning a ton as well. Those were the kids I cut my teeth as a wrestling coach.
To end, they're great kids on both sides of the line. Great students and always respectful boys & girls. Glad to see them having success at all age levels!
Its a fine thing you are doing teaching and mentoring these kids, especially in this crazy world we live in right now. Kudos!

Its a fine thing you are doing teaching and mentoring these kids, especially in this crazy world we live in right now. Kudos!
There definitely are some parents that make things suck at times. Funny how winning has shut them right up & make them act friendly. It actually makes me respect them less. I want the kids to learn the fundamentals & be respectful regardless of winning. Kids realize it. The parents are definitely making the kids softer each year which is a huge challenge that wasn't as bad in 2013-2019 times. Big change after Covid.