College Football now has GMs?!?!

david_WVU

OK, maybe bigger programs (read SEC, B1G) have had these, but this is new to me. With this week being our idle week, a lot of non-game talk is going on. WVU now has a frickin' General Manager for football. Just heard a terrific interview with him and it was very enlightening on how WVU is now handling recruiting (both from high school and the portal). It is much more like how the NFL handles their rosters. I don't know why we never had this position before, it just makes too much sense. I have been giving Brown a lot of the credit for recruiting (and I am sure some of it is his doing), but it seems like this position is doing A LOT of the grunt work,

Do your teams have similar positions?

OK, maybe bigger programs (read SEC, B1G) have had these, but this is new to me. With this week being our idle week, a lot of non-game talk is going on. WVU now has a frickin' General Manager for football. Just heard a terrific interview with him and it was very enlightening on how WVU is now handling recruiting (both from high school and the portal). It is much more like how the NFL handles their rosters. I don't know why we never had this position before, it just makes too much sense. I have been giving Brown a lot of the credit for recruiting (and I am sure some of it is his doing), but it seems like this position is doing A LOT of the grunt work,

Do your teams have similar positions?
Different ADMIN name positions as far as I know at UK. But this is interesting: