Congrats, Bama. You are no longer a football school, but you got golf going for you.

OldDevilDawg

'21 Co-PotY

Nick Dunlap, a 20-year-old sophomore at the University of Alabama, has made history at The American Express. Dunlap became the first amateur to win on the PGA Tour since Phil Mickelson, 33 years ago. With a final-round 70 and a final score of -29, Dunlap managed to both hold a lead and come from behind on Sunday to claim victory in La Quinta, Calif.

Dunlap entered the day three strokes ahead of the field on the back of a third-round 60, the lowest score by an amateur in a PGA Tour event since Patrick Cantlay managed the same score in 2001. But Dunlap surrendered all of his lead after a disastrous double-bogey on the seventh. He switched mindsets and remained steady throughout the rest of the round, and when leader Sam Burns put his tee shot into the water at the 17th, Dunlap pounced to claim a two-shot lead heading to the 18th.

And just like that, Bama has also lost their golf status.

I'm sure you guys can find a title IX sport to hang your hat on through the rough years, though. How's your women's gymnastics team looking? Women's volleyball maybe?

Hang in there, my friends. Hell don't last forever.

I'm sure you guys can find a title IX sport to hang your hat on through the rough years, though. How's your women's gymnastics team looking? Women's volleyball maybe?

Our gymnastics team is always great, as is our softball. And we’re going nowhere.

And we’re going nowhere.
I know. Hang in there buddy. One day you'll get into the 12 team playoff. It won't happen while DeBeor is your coach because he has no clue what a defense is, but it will happen. Y'all gonna give him 2 years max. We both know it. He's gonna forever be known as the poor bastard that had to follow Saban. Then y'all will hire Glenn Schumann away from UGA and be right back on top. Saban said so years ago.

I know. Hang in there buddy. One day you'll get into the 12 team playoff. It won't happen while DeBeor is your coach because he has no clue what a defense is, but it will happen. Y'all gonna give him 2 years max. We both know it. He's gonna forever be known as the poor bastard that had to follow Saban. Then y'all will hire Glenn Schumann away from UGA and be right back on top. Saban said so years ago.
K

There is also Equestrian. The Gamecocks have 3 National Championship Equestrian titles.

sigh