Did my first practice bird for the season

So I broke down earlier this year also and got a new deli slicer and have been making deli meat like it is cool. So this is the first full bird I have done in a while.

It came out pretty not terrible though ;)
Nice color. What is it stuffed with? onion? cant tell

My first attempt of smoking birds with a cheap beginner smoker years ago with wood chips. Havent tried again in a long while.
View attachment 24013

I would recommend 1 bird not 2 on that. And put the meat indirect either on the edges and the bird in the middle. Or meat on one side and heat on other.

I do my bird about 300 degrees and it is a chest to use a kamado. Once you dial kn the temp it will sit there for hours.

That was a 17lbs bird and took about 3 to 3.5 hours. And then rested for 2 hours on a cookie cooling rack over a baking sheet just loosely covered in foil in an oven not turned on.

I would recommend 1 bird not 2 on that. And put the meat indirect either on the edges and the bird in the middle. Or meat on one side and heat on other.

I do my bird about 300 degrees and it is a chest to use a kamado. Once you dial kn the temp it will sit there for hours.

That was a 17lbs bird and took about 3 to 3.5 hours. And then rested for 2 hours on a cookie cooling rack over a baking sheet just loosely covered in foil in an oven not turned on.

At what point do you take it out of the microwave?... and is it a faux pas to cover the bird with Cheeze Whiz?

Just onion and apple and some herbs from the garden.

I prefer to spatchock them. But the wife asked me to do it whole this year for presentation. So wanted to see if there is a measurable difference in having the cavity filled or not
did you do anything extra with the apple n onion,
like maybe a slaw or somethin,
or were they just for flavor?