Floor work

She went back to work this week. Limited schedule and light duty. Still hurting and still having dizzy spells. She's much better than she was, but full recovery is gonna take a while. Thanks for asking, bro.

Good news. Could have been alot worse bro.

hell if I know
steam and weight
look in closets for possible replacement boards
I'm going to clean out all the cracks in between the boards with a pick and wire brush then take a piece of oak board put it on the very beginning of the buckle and beat it down just a little and walk away till the next day. And keep doing that till it hopefully goes in. I don't want to cut it out and then try to patch it back in, that's the last resort. After I get it down going to sink some nails through them into a floor joice to keep it there. Then put sawdust and wood glue in the top of the nail holes to hide them.

I'm going to clean out all the cracks in between the boards with a pick and wire brush then take a piece of oak board put it on the very beginning of the buckle and beat it down just a little and walk away till the next day. And keep doing that till it hopefully goes in. I don't want to cut it out and then try to patch it back in, that's the last resort. After I get it down going to sink some nails through them into a floor joice to keep it there. Then put sawdust and wood glue in the top of the nail holes to hide them.
Another hint go with a dark stain will hide imperfections especially in center of room. Went through this in the 1st house we baught. Pulled up the carpet and it was original parkay. For nail holes in floor use coloured wood filler. Not saw dust and glue. Im areas bigger than an inch, sure sawdust will work.

They have not and are in pretty darn good shape. My great grandfather dug the basement under this house (it didn't have one before) and all the joists are true 2×8 roughcut beams. I think It's pretty cool that my kids are the 5th generation of my family to live in this house.
Very cool.

The future Mrs Nod is Hell bent on ripping out the carpets and installing laminate flooring before the wedding. We've already picked it out, looks like an old barn wood. Her work sells it and she called the supplier, getting for 15% below cost. So we decided to get the commercial grade which should last us forever.