For my birthday I'd like to ask all of you

Nice,, for your birthday you wanna get up in all our asses,, just kidding,, and unspoken prayers going out..
seriously though,, I'm 55 and got mine done several years ago.. there's really nothing to it.. when you wake up there is no lingering pain or any affects at all..
as others will tell you,, the prep day before which consist of cleaning your bowels out is the hardest part,, no eating for 24 hours except broth and gatoraid with laxative mixed in.. yuck!

Seriously guys, there's no need to act like this.

crank_hospitalgown.gif

When you wake up you'll feel like this.

original.jpg

Except for the farting. It didn’t get me, but sounded like Smoke on the Water playing from the bathroom with a tuba/trombone only band.

I’m not 50 or even close to 50 yet, so I don’t know if I should get checked at 30.
If there's no history in the family of colon cancer they'll have you wait until you're 50.
I had a very good friend that had history and he was checked every year starting around 30 yo and still ended up with a very aggressive form and passed in about a year.

I’m not 50 or even close to 50 yet, so I don’t know if I should get checked at 30.
You're probably fine. I'm only a few years older than you but had my first done in my mid 20's, but it was ordered along with an endoscopy for other issues.

My only regret was being practically nekkid around a couple of hot nurses with no way to hit on them.

Apparently I did get a few cracks in pre and post anesthesia, but I had no memory of that. The lizard brain is strong.

You're probably fine. I'm only a few years older than you but had my first done in my mid 20's, but it was ordered along with an endoscopy for other issues.

My only regret was being practically nekkid around a couple of hot nurses with no way to hit on them.

Apparently I did get a few cracks in pre and post anesthesia, but I had no memory of that. The lizard brain is strong.

A few cracks at the hot nurses?

On the plus side after the procedure there is nobody who can tell you that you are full of crap.

Did mine three years ago. Cancer is a serious matter.

My friend from VA came down this weekend to check on his Dad so we had some time to visit. The good news is he is tumor free. When he was diagnosed it was stage 4. But it took a toll. The effects of the chemo etc shows but he is starting to get stubble. One part of the treatment besides the chemo is they literally poison you and the next day give you the antidote. The first time they did this he spent 8 days in the hospital.

Folks you are not aware of the procedure and pain free when you wake up. Lots better than crapping on a plastic sheet to be sent off.

Last edited:
can't they just remove part of the bowel?

side note... i have to get ultrasounds every 6 months to make sure my liver doesn't go cancerous .. so i'm worried about that 24/7.. kinda just learn to live with it

back to topic.. i hope the doctors can figure out something to do... wish him well
If it is local to that spot only, yes, they can do a resection. If it has spread to (or worse, from) nearby lymph nodes the problems ramp up rapidly. Catch it before it spreads, then a good prognosis.

I’m 56 and have never had one. As a matter of fact, I haven’t seen any kind of doctor since 2014. I survived a widow maker heart attack in January of 2014 and was put on Plavix for 3 months. That crap made me so weak I couldn’t work so I stopped taking it. I still smoke and still don’t eat right. I guess you could call me a walking disaster waiting to happen. I’m just too dam stubborn .