FQ Bookie

david_WVU

Thought we could try something new before Week 0 kicks off, however if the mods feel this is against any rules, please delete! @cfbmemes_

* THIS IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY - NO CASH VALUE *
Concept: Every user gets 10,000 "Fifth Quarters" (imaginary currency - FQs from here on out) to gamble throughout the season. Once you go bust, your done for the season. There are two types of bets that can be placed. First method, to the book: A bet can be placed to anything available on the official sports book(s) [currently thinking FanDuel but would be willing to change or add a second source] such money lines, point spreads, win totals, prop bets, etc. One note, parleys get very confusing quickly, so if you do want to bet one, please make it easily understood in the post. To place a "bet" post in this thread the bet with an image from the official sports book. Once bets are made, you cannot use those FQs again until that bet settles, so if you bet on a team to win the CFP championship, those FQs are tied up for the whole season. Here is an example of what one would look like (no, I am not placing these examples).
1692978774396.png

115 FQs on ND to cover the spread
(must win by 21 points, would win 100 FQs) - or it could be - 100 FQs on Navy to win (would win 810 FQs).

Second method, between members. Any member can propose a bet with another member. The other member would need to reply to the post and agree. Again, once that bet is placed and accepted, the FQs from both parties would be tied up and unavailable until the bet was settled.

If people do play, I will track and post an updates of where people are at with their FQ banks periodically. At the end of the season, I will post everyone's (who participated) total bank.

I should have posted this thread earlier, when WVU's over/under was 4.5 and had a higher payout!

1692980364647.png
100 FQs on the OVER for WVU.
1692980777215.png
100 FQs on Ohio to WIN.

meh... sounds like more work than I am willing to put in for imaginary bragging rights.

I also find fantasy football to be mind numbingly boring so ... just not my cup of tea.