Game clock rule change coming?

MarineUKFan

Kentucky Hill Ape

According to a report from CBS Sports, the NCAA is set to make a significant rule change that has been in place for college football since 1968. In what has long differentiated the collegiate game from the NFL, the game clock would always continue to run following first downs. As of Friday, that no longer remains the case.

Would have been nice for the programs, I'd imagine, if they would have come out with this change before spring camps started so they could have incorporated this into their spring practices.
Agreed. The two minute drills are going to be full of sideline passes now.

without reading the article, my first thought is that would be an impact to substitutions, which would hurt the elite very deep teams the most, creating more Parity ... possibly... pink... pussy!
sorry, got carried away with the P's

without reading the article, my first thought is that would be an impact to substitutions, which would hurt the elite very deep teams the most, creating more Parity ... possibly... pink... pussy!
sorry, got carried away with the P's
The play clock ain't changing. Teams with a good deep defense want to shorten the number of plays and possessions.