Has anybody been to a rescued bar by Jon Taffer?

Man it's reality tv, so they likely grab these run down looking bars just to fix up for the show and a cut or buying then outright while staying at the Ritz.

I've got my hole-in-the-walls where you might get shot, stabbed, laid, or a combo.

They make gross food at the beginning of the show and I’m sitting there like “I’d eat that.”

They bring in this master chef and he looks at their Tex Mex burger which was like covered in chilies and shit and it looked fucking delicious, but the chef was like “I’m not even going to take one bite of that.”

Like fuck man, sometimes that sloppy dive food is really good

Holy shit, my grammar, spelling, and double checking have now gone to hell in a handbasket when I'm sleepy.

I'm sure some of you read my last post before the editing.

Man it's reality tv, so they likely grab these run down looking bars just to fix up for the show and a cut or buy them outright while staying at the Ritz.

I've got my hole-in-the-walls where you might get shot, stabbed, laid, or a combo.
The local Sip & Stab.

Check you for a gun or knife at the door and if you don't have one they give you one.

Been in a few of those.

The local Sip & Stab.

Check you for a gun or knife at the door and if you don't have one they give you one.

Been in a few of those.
The El Gato Negro, out in the middle of nowhere around hunting property.

No bouncer, they just assume you have something sharp and/or goes bang.

The funny and fucked up part is that I have seen way more violence during spring break than at the dive bars.

The El Gato Negro, out in the middle of nowhere around hunting property.

No bouncer, they just assume you have something sharp and/or goes bang.

The funny and fucked up part is that I have seen way more violence during spring break than at the dive bars.
An armed society is a polite society.

I like the bars that lock the doors at 2AM. Your choice if you want to leave or be locked in. If you are locked in you don't leave until morning, but you drink all night.

The local Sip & Stab.

Been in a few of those.

I like the bars that lock the doors at 2AM. Your choice if you want to leave or be locked in. If you are locked in you don't leave until morning, but you drink all night.

Boone's Saloon. It's out in the middle of nowhere. They have a 15 ft fence surrounding the place, with one gate in/out. They lock the gate at 2am and unlock it when the sun comes up.

It's sad that so many don't understand this.

Obviously before my time, but we used to have highschool shooting teams with school assigned rifles that you brought to school.
We took our hunters safety course at school during gym class, gun safety and all. It was common for there to be shotguns and rifles in vehicles. My truck had one in it most days. Hell after Christmas break was over guys would show the principal their new guns in the parking lot as well. I always carried a pocket knife. It was a tool. I cant tell you how many times I would dig a sliver out of my hand in the middle of class with it. Nobody batted an eye. I graduated in 96, my brother graduated in 2000. It was virtually the same for him. Oh and at that time the sheriff's office/jail was literally right across the street from the parking lot. Today, as you know, we'd be in prison for life.

I have been to two of them here in Austin.

One went right back to the old bar.

And I believe the other one lasted for a while then still closed.

We have a place similar to that here.. I think we do anyway if its still open.

You didn't have to say until morning, but the beer prices tripled after 2am 😂

It is/was a real shit hole, just my kinda place

We took our hunters safety course at school during gym class, gun safety and all. It was common for there to be shotguns and rifles in vehicles. My truck had one in it most days. Hell after Christmas break was over guys would show the principal their new guns in the parking lot as well. I always carried a pocket knife. It was a tool. I cant tell you how many times I would dig a sliver out of my hand in the middle of class with it. Nobody batted an eye. I graduated in 96, my brother graduated in 2000. It was virtually the same for him. Oh and at that time the sheriff's office/jail was literally right across the street from the parking lot. Today, as you know, we'd be in prison for life.
Sad, but true. In my day guys would come to school with at least a shotgun in the rack if not a shotgun and rifle. Most guys carried at least a pocket knife. Now? Call out swat and have the place evacuated and put on lockdown for at least half a day.

Sad, but true. In my day guys would come to school with at least a shotgun in the rack if not a shotgun and rifle. Most guys carried at least a pocket knife. Now? Call out swat and have the place evacuated and put on lockdown for at least half a day.
Most of us had a shotgun in the truck to jump shoot some ducks on the way home, etc. Pocket knife was just part of what you carried. I went to a graduation a few years ago (OK, maybe like 10 years.... I'm getting old..) and there was security at the door. Had to go all the way back to my truck to drop off the 9mm and pocket knives. Funny enough, there were a few of us who had to do the same, so I had company to the truck and back.