Have any NFL teams benefitted from losing?

FQ_Caroline

10/10 is a real female
Staff member
With Wild Card weekend in the NFL coming up and too many playoff scenarios to keep in my head, has there ever been a matchup the weekend prior to Wild Card weekend where it was actually beneficial for a team to lose their game? I kinda doubt it because that would reward losing and probably cause the losing team to drop in standings. For example, if Titans and Colts were playing and one of them would actually benefit from losing the game.

The Lions, better draft pick.

They benefit in theory, but they screw it up anyway.

The organization suffers under the Curse of Bobby Lane, only ONE playoff win since 1958.

They’re so inept that Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson, HOFers who were at times the best at their positions, retired early just to get away from it. Stafford has been a top 10 QB his whole career, and at times, top 5. He was a serious MVP candidate last year prior to the injury.

The curse is real, no one can fix it. Unless they hire some kind of shaman or something. Worth a try at this point.

They benefit in theory, but they screw it up anyway.

The organization suffers under the Curse of Bobby Lane, only ONE playoff win since 1958.

They’re so inept that Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson, HOFers who were at times the best at their positions, retired early just to get away from it. Stafford has been a top 10 QB his whole career, and at times, top 5. He was a serious MVP candidate last year prior to the injury.

The curse is real, no one can fix it. Unless they hire some kind of shaman or something. Worth a try at this point.

I think they will make progress with Spielman helping out in the front office. I hope they pick him for GM.

I would not mind Harbaugh as coach.

I think they will make progress with Spielman helping out in the front office. I hope they pick him for GM.

I would not mind Harbaugh as coach.
I actually forgot about Spielman coming in. I do think he can make a big difference. It’s a labor of love for him, he knows it won’t be easy. He could also handle Harbaugh, which is something he needs, but no one has done.