how did you pick your name, and how long you been using it

Bama Believer

18 and Counting! Roll Tide!!!
I first found a Message board in the early 2000's. It was called the Bama Village and I read through some interesting post and kinda got the jist of the thing. I realized that the anonymity of it all was part of the mystic if you will and immediately signed up.. when it asked for a name to be called,

Bama was in the middle of it's worst decade in history, and I wanted my handle to show that I still Believed in Bama, and I believed that we would find our way back to being relevant somehow..

So Bama Believer was born.. soon after that site closed down and I went several years without a board until I found Soundoff around 2008..

Mine is the title of a 1000 year old German beer recipe stolen by the Vikings when they decided to get sour on some Krauts.
LOL, I literally discovered, last night, one of my ancestors was a Viking Dane, named Gottfried, that sacked Flanders, Lotharingia, and several German cities, including Cologne. Emperor Charles "the Fat" agreed to give him some land in Frisia, titled him Duke of Frisia, and gave him a bride, the daughter of his first cousin. Duke Gottfried was murdered by locals in 885, probably for stealing the beer recipe!

I was really high (shocker) and watching; 'Man On Fire'. I went to get something and saw my 'Cradle of Filth' beanie... and started to think.
Yup, I thought... the beanie has: COF on one side, and I went from there. It was really easy, as we burn couches... so, COF became:
CouchOnFire
cradle-of-filth-c-o-f-black-1.jpg
+
tsman.jpg
=
CouchOnFire

Everybody who truly believes this stand on your head! It’s just The Sun Devils in German. I figured I’d get one of you smart asses to call me out, someone like @CouchOnFire.
I knew that it stood for Sun Devils, already, but your story almost perfectly mirrored my genealogical discovery from last night. It was uncanny how similar.