Just had smoked pot roast for dinner tonight

Never head of smoked pot roast, sounds intriguing...
If I'm on the same page with IB, I did my first partially by accident.

My brother and I had been cleaning up a lot all afternoon and burning the hickory and pecan in a barrel.

We always kept leftover grill parts around. I had a chuck that needed to be cooked, so I grabbed a grate and domed hat and let her ride on top of the barrel.

If you get it up to the same temp, it's kind of like the beef version of pulled pork. I also like to take it off a bit sooner and slice it thin against the grain.

Yeah just over 5 lbs of chuck. The recipe I used actually was pretty basic. But @PSUTE if you are looking for a simple one to start with here you go

I use that same kind of smoker just a bigger version of it.

Also that is a good channel if you looking for technique and ideas of things to smoke.

Getting myself a new Kitchen Aid mixer for Christmas and will be making home made smoked sausage in the new year

@Bama Believer I have done pork belly burnt ends multiple times. And love making them. This is only my second time making home made bacon. So here's hoping it comes out. The first batch was good, but not where I wanted it to be. So manipulated the recipe some, and going to give it another try

I've made bacon twice and neither time has it turned out the way I wanted. My butcher does a great job, so I leave it to him now. Had some last night for supper in fact.
Some jobs are best left for professionals although I do understand the allure of DIY.. @Irishblooded ,, also Bacon for dinner is Bold man.. :D

Some jobs are best left for professionals although I do understand the allure of DIY.. @Irishblooded ,, also Bacon for dinner is Bold man.. :D
Love using my smoker. There is nothing you can cook on your stove I can't cook (and usually better) on the smoker

;)

And I look at it as a challenge. I can get a whole pig belly, cure, and smoke it for a fraction of what it costs to buy. @-----slim----- will tell you the allure of this art

Love using my smoker. There is nothing you can cook on your stove I can't cook (and usually better) on the smoker

;)

And I look at it as a challenge. I can get a whole pig belly, cure, and smoke it for a fraction of what it costs to buy. @-----slim----- will tell you the allure of this art
Yup, without question. I cannot live without my smokers. I'm currently smoking some deer jerky in one as we speak.

I'll bet there is some excellent smoke out your way.
It’s been recreational here for a while. There are two weed stores down the street from my office. Lots of great strands but I’m not much of a smoker myself. I did toke a little bud with @CouchOnFire in Idaho. I’m a total lightweight but I smoked with a legend. I’m a drinker!