Kirby has lost control

OldDevilDawg

'21 Co-PotY

The Athens-Clark County Police Department announced Wednesday morning that they have warrants for the arrest of Jalen Carter, Georgia’s All-American defensive tackle and a potential No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft.

The warrants are for reckless driving and racing during a fatal crash that occurred in the early morning hours of Jan. 15 in Athens, killing Georgia staff member Chandler LeCroy and offensive lineman Devin Willock.

It has been 46 days since the deadly accident, 46 long, painful days for the families of LeCroy and Willock. And now the arrest of All-American linebacker Jamon Dumas-Johnson last week comes into disturbing focus — as does Smart’s control of the team.

Five days before the accident that killed LeCroy and Willock, police say Dumas-Johnson was recklessly racing in Athens; he was charged 5 weeks later.

And let’s not forget the events of April 2022, when police say Georgia defensive end Travon Walker, the eventual No.1 overall pick in the NFL Draft, crashed into 2 parked cars late into the night — and no citation was issued. We don’t know the details surrounding that accident. Walker told reporters that his accident was a “just a little fender-bender. Nothing crazy. Nobody was hurt.”

One is an anomaly, 2 is a trend and 3 means it’s time for Smart to do something. Anything.

Strong words from a Florida grad (the author of the article). Methinks he has a hard on right now.

Reality is.....20 something young men have been drag racing since cars were invented. Hell, I ain't gonna deny my involvement with stupid when I was that age. Was it my Commanding Officer's fault that I wrecked during a drag race at Camp Lejeune when I was 20? I mean it was 2am on a Sunday morning. Can he be held accountable? Hell we got 20 year olds at work that drag race out the gate at quitting time. Should we fire the plant manager? Is that gonna stop young guys full of piss and vinegar from being convinced that they are 10 feet tall and bullet proof?

The Athens-Clark County Police Department announced Wednesday morning that they have warrants for the arrest of Jalen Carter, Georgia’s All-American defensive tackle and a potential No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft.

The warrants are for reckless driving and racing during a fatal crash that occurred in the early morning hours of Jan. 15 in Athens, killing Georgia staff member Chandler LeCroy and offensive lineman Devin Willock.

It has been 46 days since the deadly accident, 46 long, painful days for the families of LeCroy and Willock. And now the arrest of All-American linebacker Jamon Dumas-Johnson last week comes into disturbing focus — as does Smart’s control of the team.

Five days before the accident that killed LeCroy and Willock, police say Dumas-Johnson was recklessly racing in Athens; he was charged 5 weeks later.

And let’s not forget the events of April 2022, when police say Georgia defensive end Travon Walker, the eventual No.1 overall pick in the NFL Draft, crashed into 2 parked cars late into the night — and no citation was issued. We don’t know the details surrounding that accident. Walker told reporters that his accident was a “just a little fender-bender. Nothing crazy. Nobody was hurt.”

One is an anomaly, 2 is a trend and 3 means it’s time for Smart to do something. Anything.

Strong words from a Florida grad (the author of the article). Methinks he has a hard on right now.

Reality is.....20 something young men have been drag racing since cars were invented. Hell, I ain't gonna deny my involvement with stupid when I was that age. Was it my Commanding Officer's fault that I wrecked during a drag race at Camp Lejeune when I was 20? I mean it was 2am on a Sunday morning. Can he be held accountable? Hell we got 20 year olds at work that drag race out the gate at quitting time. Should we fire the plant manager? Is that gonna stop young guys full of piss and vinegar from being convinced that they are 10 feet tall and bullet proof?

Maybe.... how many of these drag racing incidents have other schools had? Is it as prevalent at other colleges and we simply aren't hearing about it? And if the answer is that this is an UGA issue, and is not happening at other schools, then where do we find fault? With the head coach? The school administration? Their parents? etc etc

Personally, I honestly don't think we can just write it off as "Well, a bunch of these 20 something college kids do this so no biggee." ... and I also do not necessarily think it is appropriate to just point fingers at Kirby... I think they just need to hold the students personally accountable and if that results in lost playing time, being put on disciplinary protocols or what, then that is on them. Just like they treat students when they get caught doing drugs, getting in fights, etc....

Where Kirby could be held accountable is that if a large part of the team begins to have disciplinary issues then it is up to the head coach to set some examples and follow thru on holding these kids accountable. I think it will be interesting to see what Kirby has to say tho.

Remember when players with bb-guns were the big headline?

Maybe.... how many of these drag racing incidents have other schools had? Is it as prevalent at other colleges and we simply aren't hearing about it? And if the answer is that this is an UGA issue, and is not happening at other schools, then where do we find fault? With the head coach? The school administration? Their parents? etc etc

Personally, I honestly don't think we can just write it off as "Well, a bunch of these 20 something college kids do this so no biggee." ... and I also do not necessarily think it is appropriate to just point fingers at Kirby... I think they just need to hold the students personally accountable and if that results in lost playing time, being put on disciplinary protocols or what, then that is on them. Just like they treat students when they get caught doing drugs, getting in fights, etc....

Where Kirby could be held accountable is that if a large part of the team begins to have disciplinary issues then it is up to the head coach to set some examples and follow thru on holding these kids accountable. I think it will be interesting to see what Kirby has to say tho.
Kirby did a recent interview not sure what to make of it. It doesn’t make sense to not have a policy regarding players fraternizing with staff. Or why a Georgia recruiting staffer is hanging out with Georgia players drinking at a strip club. Then racing another player while having twice the legal BAC in her system. The video in the interview has segments of the video of the players and staff members leaving Toppers strip club.

I had already read that Jalen Carter left the scene and came back over an hour later. But I did not know he had been pulled over for driving close to twice the legal speed limit in September. Idk I found it hard to believe Kirby wouldn’t know about any of that. And this wasn’t Carters first time getting in trouble for racing. That to me is going past a young man making a stupid mistake. Especially if Georgia addressed the dangers of drag racing as reported. I’m only going off the interview and reports. But if true Georgia does have a culture problem.,Tbh Kirby probably shouldn’t have done this interview imo. Time will tell

ugajail.jpg

Kirby has lost control at Georgia

He needs to be fired immediately and charges brought. It's probably a felony for not babysitting grown men and women 24/7 in today's world. I say he should be hanged from the arches in an effort to sway future UGA HCs from spending their 2-3am Sunday morning time sleeping with their family at home. It's unacceptable. He should be in 15-20 places at the same time during that period to avoid stupid decisions by his +/- 130 players. Burn him at the stake so someone else can win a Natty.

He needs to be fired immediately and charges brought. It's probably a felony for not babysitting grown men and women 24/7 in today's world. I say he should be hanged from the arches in an effort to sway future UGA HCs from spending their 2-3am Sunday morning time sleeping with their family at home. It's unacceptable. He should be in 15-20 places at the same time during that period to avoid stupid decisions by his +/- 130 players. Burn him at the stake so someone else can win a Natty.

See, now we are going too far.... no need to hang him from the arches.... any old tree will do.

728.gif

Last edited: