Last USS Arizona vet passes

Veterans deserve respect. No question there.

But the WW2 vets were a breed apart. Coming out of the great depression and those were some really hard economic times. Then fighting a world war on 2 fronts. And having to come from behind to do it and win.
And never asked for why or what was in it for them. The Greatest Generstion.

You’re the epitome of a selfless veteran.

It’s not said nearly enough, but thank you.
Thank you, but no thanks necessary.

I made my choice to join the USMC. It had nothing to do with anything other than questioning whether or not I was man enough to make it through boot camp and earn the title, "Marine". I graduated Parris Island weighing 129 lbs. I gave our country 10 years of my life. That was my choice. Circumstances with my parents life situation changed my intention to retire as a Marine at 20 years or more. I will never ask for anything back. I have no desire to visit the VA hospitals. They are useless to me. I made my choice for my own reasons. I am content with my results.

Thank you, but no thanks necessary.

I made my choice to join the USMC. It had nothing to do with anything other than questioning whether or not I was man enough to make it through boot camp and earn the title, "Marine". I graduated Parris Island weighing 129 lbs. I gave our country 10 years of my life. That was my choice. Circumstances with my parents life situation changed my intention to retire as a Marine at 20 years or more. I will never ask for anything back. I have no desire to visit the VA hospitals. They are useless to me. I made my choice for my own reasons. I am content with my results.
Please see previous, ha ha. (You proved my point)