My new favorite tv show

Nitt1300

If you have amazon prime, check out "travels by narrowboat" it's just this dude traveling around on the canals in England- lives on the boat. It's quiet, slow, and a life I'd go for in a minute if I could.

1583107245681.png

This isn't for you if you want action, sex, or violence- but if you've done all that you might enjoy this.

If you have amazon prime, check out "travels by narrowboat" it's just this dude traveling around on the canals in England- lives on the boat. It's quiet, slow, and a life I'd go for in a minute if I could.

View attachment 2941

This isn't for you if you want action, sex, or violence- but if you've done all that you might enjoy this.
I’ve seen these things all over. Canals in London, by the rail line between Crewe and Chester, by the rail line between London and Liverpool. Looks idyllic, and now I have to watch this show!

I checked out a couple episodes. As you said, not much action, but it is strangely calming. I had no idea England had such a vast canal system...it seems like a bit of a sub-culture.

I saw some (have some pictures somewhere) when I was in Lincoln, England in 2015. The canal passes through the city center right beside the central town square. A block away is a Tudor era (early 1500.'s) building bridging the canal, that the boats pass under.

Hah. Love that show. Wife doesn't understand why, but it appeals to me. Guy has it all figured out. Very relaxing show.

Saw a lot of the canals when we traveled through England. The one area in Wales with the aqueduct was crazy. Can't imagine taking a boat over that.

Cruising the Cut is another one. Guy is a little animated and it's short but it's a get alternative until a new season comes out.

So Ive been checking this out,, in season 3 right now.. strangely I keep watching.. addicting.. The countryside in England is a bit surprising,, Never been there,, but lots of open space,, different from what you see on tv,, mostly.. dealing with those locks would get old,, I think,, and I'd probably spend too much time and money in the various town pubs..
and kinda funny how he is becoming a gourmet chef now.. I bet he started getting feedback and questions about his cooking and he's amping up his game lol..
I found the parts where he has engine trouble pretty cool, he's a smart guy..

View attachment 2941

It’s the best show I‘ve seen in a while. That Gator dentist and I have chatted about it on Rivals. I follow along on google maps on my iPad and flag all the places that look interesting. Probably have 40 places or so bookmarked to one day visit. It’s pretty cool to see CHG grow in confidence from season to season. He was in a dark place starting out his venture, and esp after his New Years in Wigan. Weirdl, my favorite part is watching him cook in that tiny kitchen.

He says he’s def doing more seasons but he’s started a new series Travels by Motorbike that I think he’s filming right now. I’ll watch it and hope he keeps the same charm, but I’m personally excited when he gets back on the narrowboat. Whenever my wife gets out of residency we are going to finally do our honeymoon to Europe. She’s already moaning because she wants to do the touristy stuff while I’ll want to go visit all the small towns and have a beer at all of these places.

It’s the best show I‘ve seen in a while. That Gator dentist and I have chatted about it on Rivals. I follow along on google maps on my iPad and flag all the places that look interesting. Probably have 40 places or so bookmarked to one day visit. It’s pretty cool to see CHG grow in confidence from season to season. He was in a dark place starting out his venture, and esp after his New Years in Wigan. Weirdl, my favorite part is watching him cook in that tiny kitchen.

He says he’s def doing more seasons but he’s started a new series Travels by Motorbike that I think he’s filming right now. I’ll watch it and hope he keeps the same charm, but I’m personally excited when he gets back on the narrowboat. Whenever my wife gets out of residency we are going to finally do our honeymoon to Europe. She’s already moaning because she wants to do the touristy stuff while I’ll want to go visit all the small towns and have a beer at all of these places.

When you guys are ready to go on your trip let me know. Depending on what areas you visit I might know of some good places to eat.

Same as MarineG8R, I can give you some pointers and ideas, both in tourist areas and countryside.

Just make damn sure that Georgia "G" is displayed proudly. Worldwide, baby!