NCAA rules committee looking at a change.

Something needs to be done...

shoe.gif

notinjured.0.gif

swainpain.gif

ResponsibleFastAustraliancurlew-size_restricted.gif

baylor.gif

AuKkgPX.gif

I think it’s pretty easy to fix. If you go down, you can’t come back in until the next series. If you really are injured, it gives the training staff more time to evaluate you. If you’re faking it, you are out until a change of possession occurs. It takes it out of the officials hands, and makes it more penal if you’re faking it.

I think it’s pretty easy to fix. If you go down, you can’t come back in until the next series. If you really are injured, it gives the training staff more time to evaluate you. If you’re faking it, you are out until a change of possession occurs. It takes it out of the officials hands, and makes it more penal if you’re faking it.

That's the only way I can see it be able to be enforced. I'm a fan of that option, but then I could also see where teams would drop a scrub in just to go down......

Until everybody realizes it's a 3rd or 4th string player that was sent in for that one play, for the sole purpose of getting the injury timeout.

Make the injured player go to local hospital to be "cleared to play". If faking it, the time lost becomes the penalty. If really hurt then they are at the best place possible.

So let's ask the question that is on everyone's mind.

Back in the day, Saban said that that wide open offense going 100 mph could get a lot of players hurt. Yes, he actually said something along those lines. Then he adopted said "hurry up" offense. As the GOAT, was he right or wrong? Are there any statistics to prove or disprove that it created more injuries?

You can kind of see where the NCAA is headed now if they are focusing on stuff like this.

Until they have a scrub in go down, or an actual injured player fights through it to stay on the field and hurts himself worse.

Or a lineman decides to step on a key defenders hand or ankle that would normally be a play or two.

I believe 3 plays is substantial enough to let an actual injured player get a rest but enough discouragement for faking.

Also, can you imagine the outcry when a QB or WR has to leave a two minute drill I’m the middle of it for the rest of the game cause they got the wind knocked out of them and the team doesn’t have any timeouts?