Bama Believer

18 and Counting! Roll Tide!!!
339745673_1930772133953925_3715405273796972952_n.jpg

depending on which criteria you choose to use,, my rankings are this:
Mac Jones - best receiving core
Bryce Young - maybe best talent
Tua - also maybe best talent
AJ - best defense, amari cooper, b2b National Championships
Jalen Hurts - still developing in college,, better in the pros..
Jake Coker - benefitted from kiffen
Gmac - Ultimate GM, smart
JPW -

1. AJ
2. Tua
3. Hurts
4. Bryce
5. GMac
6. MJ
7. JPW
8. Coker

My criteria is based on 3 things

1. There are 2 types of talent. Physical and mental
2. Which QB made the best decisions most consistently while understanding their personal talent as the plays developed on the field.
3. The ability to recognize the talent around you and build personal relationships with the right players.

If we’re going on career it has to be McCarron. While not as gifted as those that came after him, he also didn’t have as much offensive talent around him though he arguably was on the better team(s). He was consistent, and under valued.

I think Tua had the most magic, the best arm, and creative energy. He also could be selfish or reckless, and was injury prone. He benefitted from the most talent around him.

Mac was not as fast with the ball as Tua, and lacked his athleticism, but had better poise, touch, accuracy and okayed smarter. He also did do with 1/2 of the elite level receivers Tua did.

Bryce similarly reminds as me of a middle ground between Tua and Mac. More athletic than Mac, same game IQ, same accuracy but with a little more magic. But he had less elite receiving and especially pkaycalling, and the injury and young team this year means his potential isn’t as known.

Hurts was the most physically powerful and fastest, and arguably toughest, but the most limited as a passer, and thinker. As his time wore on his productivity dropped, he was predictable and exposed. He would try and out-athlete the completion snd that but him as time went on. That said, he now looks like he has the highest ceiling potential.

No disrespect to Coker, McElroy or JPW but they are all well behind these men. Blake Sims was a terrible QB.

Taking accomplishments (individual, team, snd performances) into consideration as well as surrounding talent and strength of opponents and impact compared to eta/style of game, and lastly, who is want leading a game defining drive, I’d rank:

1.AJ
2.Mac
3. Bryce
4. Tua
5. Hurts
6. McElroy
7. Coker
8. JP Wilson
9. Sims