OFFICIAL STOCKS/CRYPTO/FINANCE Thread

Disclaimer ***** I am not a financial guy and do not play one on tv. take this for what its worth!

I saw something interesting on the news yesterday morning and I have begun to google click and check this out. somebody had Larry Kudlow on and they were talking about inflation, the question was asked, what can the average Joe do right now to help fight off this inflation, Larrys answer was to buy I bonds,, he said they were guaranteed, safe, and the return is close to 10% for 1 year

Heres what Ive learned so far:

this is a form of US Treasury savings bond, the interest rate has skyrocketed due to the current inflation and the recent poor economy growth.
you have to buy it from a website called TreasuryDirect.Gov (I'm going to try to verify that is a legit site because you have to put lots of personal info including banking account and routing number..
you can purchase a bond for any amount between $50 and $10,000. per individual, You can buy one, you can buy one for your wife, your kids, your business ??? I think.
the income is taxable (unless its used for higher education), and you can cash out after 1 year but if you cash out before 5 years you lose the last 3 months interest gain.
There is something about doing this before the end of April (today) that gives you a big advantage, something to do with the rate, its 7% now but tomorrow its expected to jump to almost 10%. I need to understand this better before I pull the trigger..

10% is a pretty damn good no risk return.

OK I will play.

Am 69 and semi-retired for the last three years.
Work one day a week. The last three years paid taxes on over $125,000 income each year,
Have two IRAs that are growing that have guaranteed income for the rest of my life when I turn them on.
Have no debts. A couple of years ago had too much in cash so dropped enough in dividend paying stocks to pay my house payment. Got too much cash again and paid house off but still have the cash flow.
Currently have over $200,000 in liquid "fuckum" money.
When I actually stop working the inflow will be much larger than the outflow.
There are many people who have more income and assets than I do but I figure if I can make more than I spend am good.
I can do pretty much what I want when I want.
Last week I was getting one car serviced and told the office manager in the last couple of months I had bought 14 weapons and a Cadillac. She said hmmm 14 weapons and a Cadillac that sounds like a country song.

Age 57
- Salary: Unemployment
-Work: until I'm dead because its all I can afford
- Roth IRA: buy more booze & cigs
- SNDL: must be an east coast thing
- KO: looks like another east coast thing
- MPW (Medical Properties Trust): more of that east coast stuff (looks kinda NY/NJ jooish to me)

OMPRIA-NR: ?

Side note: make money, blow it on booze & broads in a foreign country full of needy women ... just not Ukraine atm..
SNDL is the stock symbol for Sundial Growers. It’s a cheap weed stock that briefly did well during the GameStop/AMC meme stock thing.
KO is the stock symbol for Coca Cola.

I retired at 55, set up my retirement accounts that will pay me the rest of my life,, I'm not killing it,, but I have positioned myself to where I don't require much,, also have a couple of managed accounts that is my "cushion" so to speak in case of emergency,,
That "cushion" had deteriorated significantly in the last year..
Most of y'all know I do a little part time job as a machinist, which is my younger self skill..
Im seriously considering go back to work full time as a project manager for a couple of years to replace what Ive lost in the last year,, If that money comes back, then great,, but if It doesn't,, I need to replace it for peace of mind,,
can't do that on machinist pay, or it would take twice as long.. can do it in 2 years with manager pay..
Hmmm? full time at age 58 $ 59, manager stress again,, leads too excessive drinking, poor eating habits,, cocaine and hookers!

I retired at 55, set up my retirement accounts that will pay me the rest of my life,, I'm not killing it,, but I have positioned myself to where I don't require much,, also have a couple of managed accounts that is my "cushion" so to speak in case of emergency,,
That "cushion" had deteriorated significantly in the last year..
Most of y'all know I do a little part time job as a machinist, which is my younger self skill..
Im seriously considering go back to work full time as a project manager for a couple of years to replace what Ive lost in the last year,, If that money comes back, then great,, but if It doesn't,, I need to replace it for peace of mind,,
can't do that on machinist pay, or it would take twice as long.. can do it in 2 years with manager pay..
Hmmm? full time at age 58 $ 59, manager stress again,, leads too excessive drinking, poor eating habits,, cocaine and hookers!
Yeah, my 401k took it in the ass dry also. The job I’m working now is literally half of what I used to make as a facility manager, but I’m happy as a clam. Money isn’t everything. You have to do what you feel is best for you.

I got a room up there Saturday night. You wanna make it a 3some?
Multi-Way-Stop-Signs-Do-Not-Control-Speed.png

Feel free to make other threads on the topic but if you want keep anything general in here. I am a noob in the finance world, but I feel like open communication of a group in here could help out some. You guys don't have to, but I will be transparent.

Age 29
- Teaching Salary $46,000
- 8 years into teaching, 22 years to reach my FL Pension
- Roth IRA: 2,114
- SNDL (weed stock): 1,159 Shares $860
- KO (Coca Cola): 6.17 Shares $355.80
- MPW (Medical Properties Trust): 1 Share $21.26

OMPRIA-NR (For my 2 year old when he turns 25): $2,062
If you want to learn more but don't know what to do, you can download the ChatGPT Nova App APK application at the Getmodnow website
I got off to a really late start with all of this but eager to keep trucking forward. I live a good life and can do most of the stuff I want to do, Really investing in my health this year and making the most sense of my finances to go. Anyways, If I buy shares of stuff I will let y'all know in here. Every first of the month I put $250 towards my IRA.
In general, here are a few suggestions to consider:

Emergency Fund: Ensure you have an emergency fund that covers 3-6 months of living expenses. This fund acts as a safety net in case of unexpected events or expenses.

Retirement Savings: Continue contributing to your Roth IRA, and if possible, explore other retirement savings options such as a 401(k) or 403(b) plan, if available through your employer. Take advantage of any matching contributions offered by your employer to maximize your retirement savings.

Diversification: Consider diversifying your investment portfolio to spread out the risk. Look into low-cost index funds or exchange-traded funds (ETFs) that provide exposure to a broad range of stocks or bonds.

Education: Since you're new to the finance world, consider expanding your financial knowledge through books, online resources, or even consulting with a financial advisor. Understanding basic financial concepts and strategies will empower you to make informed decisions.

Last edited: