Rank your top 10 CFB programs of all time

Blackshirts Blvd

I am weaseling out of this a little bit and just using some copy pasta from a previous post I made at HN.

For context from the comment at the end, I was responding to UGA fans being considered officially blue blood status.

"1. Bama
2. Ohio St
3. Oklahoma
4. Notre Dame
5. USC
6. Nebraska
7. Michigan
8. Texas
9. LSU
10. UGA

I went with a completely faulty new system based somewhat on the metrics by Winsipedia, categorizing the point grid as below (i.e. all time record worth 1pt, NCs worth 3, CCs worth 3,etc) and it is a winner takes all format, with no ponits awarded on ties.
1-3-3
2-2-1
1-1-0
0-2-2

Using that gave LSU 7pts and UGA 6pts. So LSU is above UGA. However, UGA beat Tenn (10-8). I used this through the ranks and it seemed to work... with an exception of when I put Tenn against LSU. Tenn beat out LSU 8-6, so I am just going with the transitive property on that one lol.

Nonetheless, if we define blue blood as top ten all time programs... welcome aboard."

giphy.gif

BAMA
OU
the Ohio State
Notre Dame
USC
Michigan
Texas
Nebraska
Florida
Miami

Just missed: Florida State, Penn State, Tennessee, Clemson, UGA, UTEP

Why Texas and Michigan above Nebraska? Just askin.
Both have been relevant since the last time Nebraska was? Seriously, why even do this thread unless you want Nebraska to matter in the bigger scheme of things. Fact is, these 17-22 year olds don't give a shit about anything that happened in CFB over 10 years ago. I won't lie, I looked for reasons to argue for my Dawgs to be top 10 all time and couldn't find a single legit reason. #12, at best. That B2B, though....these kids notice that. They notice that UGA has put more players in the draft in the last 3 years than any other program. All time doesn't matter. My lifetime doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is what these kids are seeing in their very short lifetime. We can argue this as hard as old farts always do, but frankly....none of it matters.

Both have been relevant since the last time Nebraska was? Seriously, why even do this thread unless you want Nebraska to matter in the bigger scheme of things. Fact is, these 17-22 year olds don't give a shit about anything that happened in CFB over 10 years ago. I won't lie, I looked for reasons to argue for my Dawgs to be top 10 all time and couldn't find a single legit reason. #12, at best. That B2B, though....these kids notice that. They notice that UGA has put more players in the draft in the last 3 years than any other program. All time doesn't matter. My lifetime doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is what these kids are seeing in their very short lifetime. We can argue this as hard as old farts always do, but frankly....none of it matters.
Thanks for contributing.

giphy.gif

In the end, nothing matters. Let's pack it in.

Why Texas and Michigan above Nebraska? Just askin.
More consistency over more time. Nebraska is a program who flared up in the 70s and dominated the 90s and hasn’t done shit in 30 years save disappoint. Top 10 no doubt, but as ODD said, both have been more relevant far more recently than Big Red.

More consistency over more time. Nebraska is a program who flared up in the 70s and dominated the 90s and hasn’t done shit in 30 years save disappoint. Top 10 no doubt, but as ODD said, both have been more relevant far more recently than Big Red.
Well, when you are talking about all time, I don't understand why recency bias would matter. But I appreciate the response and though it likely won't matter (lol), let me make a case...

You mentioned the last 30 years. In the last 30 years....

Michigan has had twelve 10+ win seasons, with one split NC with Nebraska and 1 total NC appearance.
Texas has had eleven 10+ win seasons, with one NC.
Nebraska has had twelve 10+ win seasons, with 3 NCs (1 split with Michigan) and 5 total NC appearances.

Just for some perspective. Keep in mind that this is the worst decade Nebraska has seen since the 1950's.

But it's all good. I just feel like they are always given the benefit of the doubt, similar to Notre Dame.

Typo on my part. Was meant to be 20 years. As I said, Nebraska was THE program on the 90s, edging out FSU, Florida, Miami and Tennessee. But since 97, Nebraska’s relevancy has plummeted. Texas won a title in 05, and played for one in 09. Michigan was a top contender in the early-mid 00s, fell off hard but has since reascended and just made the playoff. Again I’m not “knocking” Nebraska. Tbh basically those three programs are subjectively interchangeable on a ranking system - but- in my eyes they both slightly edge UN. Even though I respect the Huskers more than Texas and equally to the Wolverines.

Typo on my part. Was meant to be 20 years. As I said, Nebraska was THE program on the 90s, edging out FSU, Florida, Miami and Tennessee. But since 97, Nebraska’s relevancy has plummeted. Texas won a title in 05, and played for one in 09. Michigan was a top contender in the early-mid 00s, fell off hard but has since reascended and just made the playoff. Again I’m not “knocking” Nebraska. Tbh basically those three programs are subjectively interchangeable on a ranking system - but- in my eyes they both slightly edge UN. Even though I respect the Huskers more than Texas and equally to the Wolverines.
Forgot about that 09 appearance. **cough cough** Suh deserved the Heisman ** cough cough** lol

Fair enough.

giphy.gif

7s21h0.gif

Well, recruits opinions nor recency bias matter in an all-time conversation, so yeah... you'd be wrong as your statement would be considered nonsensical to the topic at hand.
OK, congrats, you win. Nebraska is one of the greatest teams in the history of college football. Nobody gives a shit about Nebraska in today's CFB world, but you hang on to that history that no one gives a shit about but you.