RIP John Madden. I has a sad.

The streets of heaven just gained one hell of an angel.

It stinks that to so many now he is just the name on a video game. And not the coach or broadcaster we all knew him as. But then again. How many names in sports live on like his will through the name on the video game.

Hopefully for the next installment they put him on the cover instead of a player

I gave this a winner but wanted to give a laugh too. Classic Madden

He was the ultimate analyst. In all my life, I've never seen anyone so good at breaking down the details. Even when he was looking for laughs, he was completely serious about his analysis. No matter what it was, he meant that shit.

Was driving yesterday and saw the notification pop up on my phone....Said something to the effect of Hall of fame head coach and broadcaster.... then it cut off. I didn't check the notification, but I just knew that was the news that was attached to the notification. RIP big guy.

As a lifelong Chiefs fan, I despised him as the Raiders coach in my youth.

Once time put all that in the rear view mirror, I was able to join the rest of the world in seeing the joy he took in the game and the joy he brought to his craft. Perhaps more than anyone else he allowed us to see and know and connect with the people under the helmets and behind the facemasks.

RIP Coach.

rest-in-peace-john-madden-12-26-2021-death.jpg