Road Rage

della

New member, old friend!
I had my first experience with it. I was pulling out of a parking lot Saturday around 3:00pm. I looked both ways and there was a car coming from the left, but pretty far away so I pulled out. The car was moving pretty fast and the guy raced up behind me and layed on the horn. I mean he was way too close, so I remember my brother talking about "brake checking". I wanted to tap my brakes, but I have never done that under these circumstance so they kinda locked up. I quickly released them and sped up. This guy lost his mind! We are on a two lane hwy, so he couldn't pass, but he got the idea to pass me on the right, then he thought better of it. The lane opened up to a 4 lane and he got beside me. I don't know what he was saying, but it wasn't nice. So, I flipped him off. (I have never flipped off anyone.) Finally, he went on by.

That was a wild experience.:eek:

I had my first experience with it. I was pulling out of a parking lot Saturday around 3:00pm. I looked both ways and there was a car coming from the left, but pretty far away so I pulled out. The car was moving pretty fast and the guy raced up behind me and layed on the horn. I mean he was way too close, so I remember my brother talking about "brake checking". I wanted to tap my brakes, but I have never done that under these circumstance so they kinda locked up. I quickly released them and sped up. This guy lost his mind! We are on a two lane hwy, so he couldn't pass, but he got the idea to pass me on the right, then he thought better of it. The lane opened up to a 4 lane and he got beside me. I don't know what he was saying, but it wasn't nice. So, I flipped him off. (I have never flipped off anyone.) Finally, he went on by.

That was a wild experience.:eek:
Those people are dumb. Good for you for flipping him off.

Take the high road, lady. Those things usually never end well with road ragers.
You're right. I'll never do that "brake check" again, that was kinda stupid on my part. The thing of it is I got amped up in this. When that guy was trying to catch up to me on the curb, the thought popped into my mind that I needed to run him off the road cause he was trying to get me. I'm glad I didn't act on that impulse. I mean the whole experience was bizarre.

It was like he thought he owned the road. He could race up behind my car and lay on the horn. He could do that, but there was going to be a cost. I know me hitting the brakes scared him to death. He was an asshole.
I tell my wife all the time, "It's their world, you're just in the way. If you don't believe me, just ask them." She is road rage champion of the world. Seriously, if she kept a gun in the Highlander, she'd be in prison by now.

I tell my wife all the time, "It's their world, you're just in the way. If you don't believe me, just ask them." She is road rage champion of the world. Seriously, if she kept a gun in the Highlander, she'd be in prison by now.
Yeah, it was crazy. First rule of business is never act on any advice my brother shares. That was stupid on my part and I know better. People are crazy.

Yeah, it was crazy. First rule of business is never act on any advice my brother shares. That was stupid on my part and I know better. People are crazy.

For what it's worth, all these crazy young people are too fucking lazy to actually be a threat to anything. They can't take their face away from TikTok long enough to remember they are at work

I had a very similar incident a couple of years ago where I pulled out in front of someone that was well behind me and he sped up to cuss me out.. there were 3 in that car and I was alone so I just raised my 357 up to the window and they changed lanes and fell back,,
that actually could have gone wrong in many ways.. but yeah, Assholes are among us :)

For what it's worth, all these crazy young people are too fucking lazy to actually be a threat to anything. They can't take their face away from TikTok long enough to remember they are at work
theres a story in the news right now about a 9 year old girl on a bus getting beaten by 2 boys,, the video will make you sick, and as usual, all the bystanders are filming,,

I had a very similar incident a couple of years ago where I pulled out in front of someone that was well behind me and he sped up to cuss me out.. there were 3 in that car and I was alone so I just raised my 357 up to the window and they changed lanes and fell back,,
that actually could have gone wrong in many ways.. but yeah, Assholes are among us :)
That right there is why I don't carry my .357 wherever I go. Jerkwads out there and my sometimes impulsive nature and already could have been in a couple of shootouts and/or just waived it at somebody. There are some people out there that definitely have their ass on their shoulders.

That right there is why I don't carry my .357 wherever I go. Jerkwads out there and my sometimes impulsive nature and already could have been in a couple of shootouts and/or just waived it at somebody. There are some people out there that definitely have their ass on their shoulders.
Yeah, people can get super angry or super scared and they can do anything in the heat of the moment.