So I ran out of internet today

Irishblooded

At my house. I got an email from Comcast letting me know I had used my internet allotment for the month.
I never knew that was a thing.

Anyone else do this?

Ya know, that's what we get when we give the internet over to the companies when we the tax payers funded 100% of the infrastructure they use to "give" us internet.

Honestly, it needs to be nationalized. The tribe started up an ISP and that's when I realized how much of a cyclical cluster fuck it's become. You have to bid on bandwidth every year and only select people are allowed to purchase it, then they broker the bandwidth.

Any way, it's literal invisible currency that has zero value whatsoever and we the people in this country pay for the bandwidth with taxes to turn around and pay for the privilege to use it. It's fucked.

Luckily for me, Chattanooga's power board, called EPB, raised separate funds from the city to build out the infrastructure here to an all fiber network. They have directly competed with and won most of the ISP business against Comcast.

We have 1gig speeds for the same price I used to pay for 100mbs from Comcrap, and there is no data cap or hidden fees. My internet runs me right at $70 a month for gig speeds. I can literally download a 4 gb file in about 30 seconds. Plus it is great for gaming... for instance if I am playing a game that has zoned instances I always load the instance faster than others I play against.

Plus, if you just want ridiculous speeds they offer 10gb for $300 a month.

Love me some EPB and will never go back to Comcrap unless there isnt any other choice.,

Luckily for me, Chattanooga's power board, called EPB, raised separate funds from the city to build out the infrastructure here to an all fiber network. They have directly competed with and won most of the ISP business against Comcast.

We have 1gig speeds for the same price I used to pay for 100mbs from Comcrap, and there is no data cap or hidden fees. My internet runs me right at $70 a month for gig speeds. I can literally download a 4 gb file in about 30 seconds. Plus it is great for gaming... for instance if I am playing a game that has zoned instances I always load the instance faster than others I play against.

Love me some EPB and will never go back to Comcrap unless there isnt any other choice.,

That would be cool. I miss Chattanooga

How much for ludicrous speed?
tenor.gif

Been on limited internet for better than a decade. Verizon, the local phone provider out here won't bother to even maintain landline telephones. Comcast, the local cable provider kind of giggled when I gave them my address and said no. Went with Satellite, now ViaSat. The bad news is that after about a week of "premium" time, (when I usually run out of gigs) they reduce my speed. The good news is that the reduced speed is faster than what I had when I first signed onto it... I'm in a rural area so#secondworldproblem...