So what's the Game Thread Protocol here? *Test: Yes we can update scores in the title!*

Kace-1

Staff member
Is it like the Soundoff where we do the asterisks on each side or is it like the Hoop where that's not necessary? Also will we be able to update the score in the thread title? Is there a time limit on when we can edit titles/posts?

What's acceptable in terms of keeping a game thread going? At the Soundoff, I tend to give a quick commentary on what's happening while that kind of thing is largely discouraged at the Hoop.

I want to make sure what's good and what's not before jumping in later this month.

I'd prefer not to have a play by play.it distracts from the thread. They can find that info on almost any sports site, both web and app.

Protocol 1: I cheer when LSU scores..... I use gifs and incoherent typing patterns when something goes wrong....... in other game threads, I use my terrible analysis skills to make some off the wall comment that may or may not have anything to do with the game....

Protocol 2: I forget everything after 30 seconds....

Protocol 1: I cheer when LSU scores..... I use gifs and incoherent typing patterns when something goes wrong....... in other game threads, I use my terrible analysis skills to make some off the wall comment that may or may not have anything to do with the game....

Protocol 2: I forget everything after 30 seconds....

You blaming the baar or the math?

Part of what had me do a partial play-by-play in threads at the Soundoff was that sometimes there wasn't much happening and I needed to entertain myself. There were also the occasions of "Can't watch, thanks for updating me on what's happening" type reactions. I learned that with most Alabama game threads, that's not all that necessary, because there's plenty going on in the thread and I can just update the score in the title then offer a quick explanation reply.

I'll just go with my normal "oh shit" or "terrible call" with no added context just to keep you all guessing.

During an ACC game, the "terrible call" at random might get met with a "Yeah, that's bullshit!" by someone watching.

Part of what had me do a partial play-by-play in threads at the Soundoff was that sometimes there wasn't much happening and I needed to entertain myself. There were also the occasions of "Can't watch, thanks for updating me on what's happening" type reactions. I learned that with most Alabama game threads, that's not all that necessary, because there's plenty going on in the thread and I can just update the score in the title then offer a quick explanation reply.
I enjoyed the game threads on SO, so I think it's a great idea. As you said, some people may not have access to fancy tech, so while away from the TV/Radio, it's an easy way to check up on "what's what."