Texas is Based

OP, since we root for the same team and probably are distant cousins, will you explain to me what the term "based" really means?

Because public school should be for learning the basics (math, reading, writing, science, civics / social studies, etc ..).
The bible is history.... and also the reason we have CRT and gender confusion classes in school now since they have pushed God away.
That and there's a lot of different religions while some people are atheist. Not everyone has the same view when it comes to religion.
So.

Because public school should be for learning the basics (math, reading, writing, science, civics / social studies, etc ..). That and there's a lot of different religions while some people are atheist. Not everyone has the same view when it comes to religion.
Actually, for generations in America, public school houses were built on church lots i.e. Catholic schools, rural one room schools, etc. and denominational universities existed like Notre Dame, Wake Forest, Furman, Wofford, etc. The physical school buildings were typically separate from the church so non-parishioners could attend and not feel obligated. Typically, during the antebellum period, schools and colleges were typically one gender only. All had a core belief in God, ever since our founding fathers. Ever since WWII, society has steadily pushed religion out of schools, and society has continued to flounder worse and worse. I'm surprised the courts are still allowed to swear people in with a bible.

People scream separation of church and state, yet most are clueless of where the phrase originates. It was from the Colonial British dictating one "official" religion, or else. The government wouldn't recognize you as a British subject unless you played by their rules. If you wanted to get married, (and be recognized as such) it "had" to be through the official church, other denominations were not recognized. The phrase was estolled during the Revolutionary War. However, its intent was to remove official government functions from religious activities, not to remove religion from government activities.

The core morals taught by the ten commandments give a list for anyone to follow, even atheist, and are accepted by most major religions worldwide as a good guide for life.

Well the youngins tell me it means the opposite of cringe.
confused-lost.gif

okay, now explain the birds & the bees to me, cuz.

People scream separation of church and state, yet most are clueless of where the phrase originates. It was from the Colonial British dictating one "official" religion, or else. The government wouldn't recognize you as a British subject unless you played by their rules. If you wanted to get married, (and be recognized as such) it "had" to be through the official church, other denominations were not recognized. The phrase was estolled during the Revolutionary War. However, its intent was to remove official government functions from religious activities, not to remove religion from government activities.
Well it directly stems from a Thomas Jefferson letter to the Danbury Baptist church where they basically wanted assurance that the government would not have influence on the church... and he assured them of that. Separation of church and state is an essential Christian doctrine where it is meant to keep them out of each others business, but BOTH are still supposed to honor God. But yes, not only was schooling essentially based off of and around churches, but even more to the point.... a lot of people don't seem to know that there were state religions well after the constitution had been written. States were meant to have more power than the federal government. Plus with the likes of John Adams specifically stating "Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other" it becomes very obvious of the founding fathers intentions.

The problem lies in the SCOTUS altering the meaning/interpretation of the constitution entirely.

Well it directly stems from a Thomas Jefferson letter to the Danbury Baptist church where they basically wanted assurance that the government would not have influence on the church... and he assured them of that. Separation of church and state is an essential Christian doctrine where it is meant to keep them out of each others business, but BOTH are still supposed to honor God. But yes, not only was schooling essentially based off of and around churches, but even more to the point.... a lot of people don't seem to know that there were state religions well after the constitution had been written. States were meant to have more power than the federal government. Plus with the likes of John Adams specifically stating "Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other" it becomes very obvious of the founding fathers intentions.

The problem lies in the SCOTUS altering the meaning/interpretation of the constitution entirely.
I'm quite familiar with the colonial period up to Revolutionary War. My 7Great Grandfather left Wales in 1684 to escape religious persecution as a Quaker. He joined the Penn Colony as part of the Welsh Tract. His second son became a Pennsylvania Assemblyman and converted to Baptist. He became ordained, and in 1736, agreed to start a missionary church in South Carolina. They split and spread quickly into sister churches. The British colonial government referred to them as an unruly group of Anabaptists. Many of these Baptist became the core officers of General Francis Marion's troops. Some of my ancestors spent a 100 years fighting the British government for religious freedom.

I'm quite familiar with the colonial period up to Revolutionary War. My 7Great Grandfather left Wales in 1684 to escape religious persecution as a Quaker. He joined the Penn Colony as part of the Welsh Tract. His second son became a Pennsylvania Assemblyman and converted to Baptist. He became ordained, and in 1736, agreed to start a missionary church in South Carolina. They split and spread quickly into sister churches. The British colonial government referred to them as an unruly group of Anabaptists. Many of these Baptist became the core officers of General Francis Marion's troops. Some of my ancestors spent a 100 years fighting the British government for religious freedom.
You left out the part where one of your ancestors was a tyrannical psychopath killer.

255328-1540567932.jpg