The new and improved first ever night shift thread

Ollie, my corgi mix little lassie looking dog, has gotten out o the fenced back yard 3 times in the last few days,

I decided to do some recon and rode the perimeter looking for signs of breach to no avail. so I camouflaged myself with a cold beer and some sunglasses and sat out on the deck to catch him in the act, it took a while, but finally when he thought I was nose in the phone, I saw him squeezing underneath the fence in one spot toward the bottom of my yard,

yes, I caught his ass.. he is now incarcerated in the air conditioned living room and laying on the tile floor for the extra coolness. I will be driving some steel spikes into the fence bottom later this evening,

Martin Van Buren Bates (November 9, 1837 – January 19, 1919), known as the Kentucky Giant, was an American man famed for his great height. He was 7 ft 9 in (2.36 m) tall and weighed 475 lb (215 kg).
𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐭𝐡
Bates' growth rate jumped at the age of six or seven. At age 12 he was over 6 ft (1.83 m) tall and weighed over 200 lb (90 kg).
𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐖𝐚𝐫
Bates was attending university in Virginia when the Civil War broke out. He subsequently joined the 5th Kentucky Infantry Confederate States Army, later becoming a lieutenant and then captain. He was severely wounded in a battle near the Cumberland Gap and was captured and imprisoned at Camp Chase in Ohio, although he later escaped.
𝐀𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐞
He returned to Kentucky after the war. Before the war, his first occupation was as a schoolteacher. While the circus was on tour in Halifax, Canada, the 7-foot-11-inch tall Anna Haining Swan visited. She and Martin soon got to know each other and were married in 1871. The highly publicized wedding, at St. Martin-in-the-Fields in London, England, drew thousands of people trying to attend, due to both the uncommonness of the spectacle and the couple's disarming good nature. Queen Victoria gave Bates an engraved watch and gave Swan a satin gown and diamond ring.
They moved to Ohio in 1872, settling in Seville. On 19 May 1872, Anna gave birth to a daughter, who weighed 18 lb (8.2 kg) and died at birth. They built a large house to accommodate themselves comfortably. Martin described the next few years in his autobiography:
While in Ohio, I purchased a farm in Seville, Medina County. It consisted of 130 acres of good land. I built a house upon it designed especially for our comfort. The furniture was all built to order and to see our guests make use of it recalls most forcibly the good Dean Swift's traveller in the land of Brobdingnag.
Bates family grave, Seville, Ohio I had determined to become a farmer, so I stocked my farm with the best breeds of cattle, most of them being short horns. My draught horses are of the Norman breed.
My rest was not to last long, for the solicitations of managers, I consented to again travel. The seasons of 1878, 1879 and 1880 found us leading attractions of the W. W. Cole circus.
While we have during these years been blessed with many things, affliction again visited us in the loss of a boy, born on the 15th day of January 1879. He was 28 inches [71 cm] tall and weighed twenty-three pounds [10 kg] and was perfect in every respect.
𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬
Anna Bates died on August 5, 1888. Martin ordered a statue of her from Europe for her grave, sold the oversized house, and moved into the town. In 1889 he remarried, this time to a woman of normal stature, Annette LaVonne Weatherby, and lived a mostly peaceful life until his death in 1919 of nephritis. He was buried beside his first wife and their son in Seville. He is currently the tallest known person to live at least 80 years.
Some years after his death, a normal-height family had purchased the 14-ft ceiling home built by the giant couple. However, the original house in which he and Anna lived burnt down. Later a normal house was built on that site and eventually converted into a museum for the Seville Historical Society.
(𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞: 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧 𝐯𝐚𝐧 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐇𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬)
(𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐁𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭 & 𝐖𝐢𝐤𝐢𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐚)

martinbates.jpg

Martin Van Buren Bates (November 9, 1837 – January 19, 1919), known as the Kentucky Giant, was an American man famed for his great height. He was 7 ft 9 in (2.36 m) tall and weighed 475 lb (215 kg).
𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐭𝐡
Bates' growth rate jumped at the age of six or seven. At age 12 he was over 6 ft (1.83 m) tall and weighed over 200 lb (90 kg).
𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐖𝐚𝐫
Bates was attending university in Virginia when the Civil War broke out. He subsequently joined the 5th Kentucky Infantry Confederate States Army, later becoming a lieutenant and then captain. He was severely wounded in a battle near the Cumberland Gap and was captured and imprisoned at Camp Chase in Ohio, although he later escaped.
𝐀𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐞
He returned to Kentucky after the war. Before the war, his first occupation was as a schoolteacher. While the circus was on tour in Halifax, Canada, the 7-foot-11-inch tall Anna Haining Swan visited. She and Martin soon got to know each other and were married in 1871. The highly publicized wedding, at St. Martin-in-the-Fields in London, England, drew thousands of people trying to attend, due to both the uncommonness of the spectacle and the couple's disarming good nature. Queen Victoria gave Bates an engraved watch and gave Swan a satin gown and diamond ring.
They moved to Ohio in 1872, settling in Seville. On 19 May 1872, Anna gave birth to a daughter, who weighed 18 lb (8.2 kg) and died at birth. They built a large house to accommodate themselves comfortably. Martin described the next few years in his autobiography:
While in Ohio, I purchased a farm in Seville, Medina County. It consisted of 130 acres of good land. I built a house upon it designed especially for our comfort. The furniture was all built to order and to see our guests make use of it recalls most forcibly the good Dean Swift's traveller in the land of Brobdingnag.
Bates family grave, Seville, Ohio I had determined to become a farmer, so I stocked my farm with the best breeds of cattle, most of them being short horns. My draught horses are of the Norman breed.
My rest was not to last long, for the solicitations of managers, I consented to again travel. The seasons of 1878, 1879 and 1880 found us leading attractions of the W. W. Cole circus.
While we have during these years been blessed with many things, affliction again visited us in the loss of a boy, born on the 15th day of January 1879. He was 28 inches [71 cm] tall and weighed twenty-three pounds [10 kg] and was perfect in every respect.
𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬
Anna Bates died on August 5, 1888. Martin ordered a statue of her from Europe for her grave, sold the oversized house, and moved into the town. In 1889 he remarried, this time to a woman of normal stature, Annette LaVonne Weatherby, and lived a mostly peaceful life until his death in 1919 of nephritis. He was buried beside his first wife and their son in Seville. He is currently the tallest known person to live at least 80 years.
Some years after his death, a normal-height family had purchased the 14-ft ceiling home built by the giant couple. However, the original house in which he and Anna lived burnt down. Later a normal house was built on that site and eventually converted into a museum for the Seville Historical Society.
(𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞: 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧 𝐯𝐚𝐧 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐇𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬)
(𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐁𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭 & 𝐖𝐢𝐤𝐢𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐚)

martinbates.jpg
Are you hyping up the smack down in LexTown on Nov. 11th?