The Refs!

Panabama

TINP's Stepson
I don’t know about the UF vs. USCe game, but the Bama game was terrible.
They called everything they could, on both teams. It was like the conference office said ,”let’s make this the worst game ever”! I mean, when you call 3 holding calls on the same play, you are over doing it. It’s like the officials wanted to take focus off of the game and put it squarely on themselves.
Also what about when the big ugly orange had a wildcat formation and the refs stepped in for no reason. To reset the play clock? It’s like they hired a bunch of message board posters to officiate. “Look at me, I has a yellow flag.”
They need to revamp the whole SEC officiating dept. Last nights game was hard to watch.

I don’t know about the UF vs. USCe game, but the Bama game was terrible.
They called everything they could, on both teams. It was like the conference office said ,”let’s make this the worst game ever”! I mean, when you call 3 holding calls on the same play, you are over doing it. It’s like the officials wanted to take focus off of the game and put it squarely on themselves.
Also what about when the big ugly orange had a wildcat formation and the refs stepped in for no reason. To reset the play clock? It’s like they hired a bunch of message board posters to officiate. “Look at me, I has a yellow flag.”
They need to revamp the whole SEC officiating dept. Last nights game was hard to watch.
It was bad for sure, but PALED in comparison to the horrible officiating / blown calls in the Scar game. I get it, bad calls happen, and calls are missed, but I've NEVER seen such blatant and obvious penalties not being called, all of which had a huge impact on the game and directly led to 14 points for UF.

It was bad for sure, but PALED in comparison to the horrible officiating / blown calls in the Scar game. I get it, bad calls happen, and calls are missed, but I've NEVER seen such blatant and obvious penalties not being called, all of which had a huge impact on the game and directly led to 14 points for UF.

This was called for "roughing the passer" after he was obviously tripped by the O-lineman.

This was called for "roughing the passer" after he was obviously tripped by the O-lineman.

I saw something similar in a Bama game last year. The on-air official said "you still have to be in control of your body", which I thought was BS, but would explain it. I agree it probably shouldn't have been called. FYI, I'm NOT piling on your dawgs... that officiating crew overall was the worst I think I've ever seen on the field at any level.

tenor.gif

Yep, our officials get to look at what the other ones do and say "Hold My Beer" Under that theory, this should have been unsportsmanlike as well:

I agree on the “holding my beer.” PAC refs are in a league of their own. Also, the first thing I thought of was the fake punt reception. How is one unsportsmanlike and the other not.

you seem to have missed the blatant PI not called on the Cocks in the first half. Then there was the blatant offsides not called on the Cocks in the dL first half. Then there was the ridiculous home cooking spot given to the Cocks on 3rd down when it sure looked like they got stopped short in the first half.....

you seem to have missed the blatant PI not called on the Cocks in the first half. Then there was the blatant offsides not called on the Cocks in the dL first half. Then there was the ridiculous home cooking spot given to the Cocks on 3rd down when it sure looked like they got stopped short in the first half.....
no.... like I said, that was the worst officiated game I've ever seen.

agree that the refs were awful and missed a bunch of calls.
They made up for it in the Bama game. The league office called the officiating crew and told them to call everything. Stating “we screwed up the Gator cock game”!

This weekend it looked like the SEC refs were in a contest to see who could f up the most. And the bad part is was consistently blatant calls against the dogs. In several cases game changers.