The Watercooler “Well i did not know that” thread

Big 8 Rules

A place to bedazzle ourselves with little-known or oddball or off the wall or otherwise “holy shit I didn’t know THAT” facts.

First up … while the moon seems close, all nine of the solar system planets would fit between us and our moon. Or put another way, Jupiter and Saturn are always portrayed as gargantuan but would together still only occupy about half of that real estate between us and the moon.

Last edited:
I just found this quote recently from Twain interesting:
“But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?”

― Mark Twain

You can't lick your own elbow.
When I was in grade school and the girls started “developing” we had a trick we played on them. We told the girls that if they could touch their elbows behind their back, they were at risk of cancer. Of course, every girl would test the theory, and every boy would stare at boobs. Life was simpler back then.

There were a couple girls that pretended to fall for the trick even after knowing what we were up to. I was too dumb to realize that those girls were up for playing grab ass. Lessons learned, eh?